Bigger d bag than Darren Rovell?

Goes out of his way to try and embarrass Jordair Jett and then doesn't apologize when someone calls him out.

First person in his school to attend college, more heart and hustle than any college basketball player....I hire Jordair Jett before some nerdy, white, entitled, friendless d bag from Northwestern any day. Well, not any day but you get the idea...

X3DFyVa2_bigger.pngdarren rovell@darrenrovell 15h

Love the major listed for Jordair Jett. Guy is a SENIOR

BjNzYA4CcAAOnVi.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an ass. Aren't you supposed to fact check as a journalist? This is akin to reporting that Ruben Studdard is a huge SLU supporter and will attend the game vs Louisville. Call the AD and have a two second conversation before posting something that is potentially inflammatory.

Rovell hasn't figured out that literally NO ONE likes him....not even his wife (the last part is purely speculation but since Rovell doesn't bother to do any fact checking I won't either).

Great video of Barstool Big Cat embarrassing Rovell on the basketball court:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/videos/big-cat-vs-darren-rovell/

This guy always plays with the facts and has several controversies because of it

Must have found a real old program or website because I just checked SLU's website and JJ getting a degree in Communications.

Jerk...

Sounds like the photo was on SLUBillikens.com at the time he tweeted it, but that's since been updated after he pointed it out. However, anyone who covers college athletics should know that Jett would almost certainly be academically ineligible if he had not yet chosen a major in the second semester of his senior year. It was an obvious oversight by the athletic department, no need to drag his name through the mud.

He's a clown. Dude has retweeted fake tweets on numerous occasions, thinking they were true/accurate. I don't think he's respected among his fellow journalists - I seem to remember him getting into Twitter battles with other journos, and those types tend to stick together unless someone has done something egregious/outrageous.

The main point is that Jett's not undecided. If Rovell had done his due diligence he could have figured it out pretty easily.

And then even if his tweet were true, why go after an amateur athlete in search of retweets?

http://deadspin.com/why-people-hate-darren-rovell-1426636375

"In a sputtering American economy, there is a growing number of people who are so desperate to remain afloat that they will happily allow their humanity to be subsumed by whatever stuffed-crust pizza chain employs them. They buy in all the way. And Rovell is their champion. If you want to understand how companies like Enron and Goldman Sachs can become such inhumane, awful places, Rovell is the prototype. He is strictly about the brandthe face of the enterprise. Whatever shady is going on beneath that brand is simply a necessary evil to keep it all neat and spiffy. He is the guy at the power company turning a blind eye to old uranium being dumped in the local water supply."

I generally find Rovell's tweets to be very interesting, but he lost a ton of credibility in my book last night. Part of it was an error on SLU's part in not updating Jordair's major. SLU SID Brian Kunderman eventually tweeted at Rovell, saying that it was his mistake, and that Jordair was graduating with a Communications degree.

My big issue with all of this was that after Kunderman informed Rovell of the mistake, Rovell continued to defend himself in the matter. He went so far as to bring up issues with Jordair's prep school, as if that made it more likely that Jett was a senior without a major.

I generally find Rovell's tweets to be very interesting, but he lost a ton of credibility in my book last night. Part of it was an error on SLU's part in not updating Jordair's major. SLU SID Brian Kunderman eventually tweeted at Rovell, saying that it was his mistake, and that Jordair was graduating with a Communications degree.

My big issue with all of this was that after Kunderman informed Rovell of the mistake, Rovell continued to defend himself in the matter. He went so far as to bring up issues with Jordair's prep school, as if that made it more likely that Jett was a senior without a major.

I just don't understand...With Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and 100 other institutions that academically spoon feed their athletes in this Tournament, why single out Jordair Jett at SLU? Completely arbitrary and insulting, especially considering our academic pedigree...I hope people hammered that ######

I just don't understand...With Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and 100 other institutions that academically spoon feed their athletes in this Tournament, why single out Jordair Jett at SLU? Completely arbitrary and insulting, especially considering our academic pedigree...I hope people hammered that ######

Guess he had NC St winning.