Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Where my SLU followers at??1f440.png1f440.png"

I followed that twitter lead and there are a lot of people telling him that he should join SLU and represent his city, and be a real person not just a number like he would be elsewhere. Check the lead, I am just paraphrasing several tweets, but he is getting a lot of support from other kids (I assume they are kids, I have no idea who they are) about coming to SLU. I think this is very good.

I followed that twitter lead and there are a lot of people telling him that he should join SLU and represent his city, and be a real person not just a number like he would be elsewhere. Check the lead, I am just paraphrasing several tweets, but he is getting a lot of support from other kids (I assume they are kids, I have no idea who they are) about coming to SLU. I think this is very good.

I think kids from all over St. Louis would flock to the Chaifetz to see the next big basketball star in action, regardless of whether or not they follow SLU in basketball or any sport for that matter. It would be monumental if Tatum came to SLU; every game would sell out.

I just started following him because of that tweet. If he wants to see support from SLU fans for choosing the Bills, then we should all start following him and send him a positive reply tweet about wanting to see him at SLU. There were already folks from other schools responding to the SLU reference by mentioning their own schools.

I don't have a Twitter account but I'm thinking it might be time. You students on here should get a campaign going to shower him in tweets. Or a Facebook post re SLU wants JT and ask for a bunch of likes.

You do not need a Tweeter account to follow information like this. Just go to the original lead (quuoted below) and click on the link. Jayson's handle is @Im_that_dude22

"Where my SLU followers at??1f440.png1f440.png"

@TjRushing: Whitney Young 2016 Skyler Nash (IL) has an offer from KS State & tells me IA State (@cyclonefanatic), Wisc & St Louis are highly interested

---

Miles Reynolds' old teammate.

good player, injury prone good to see we are still on his radar.

I recently started following FBJT on Twitter. As some of you may know, he recently has been actively soliciting tweets from followers of different fan bases to let him know that they want him at their schools. I thought that throwing a mentions of SLU his way couldn't hurt the efforts to help with his decision to become a Billiken. He even recently asked for comments specifically from his SLU followers. This was followed up within a few days by the exact same request, but directed at Arizona fans who follow him. After the request for tweets from his Billiken followers, there were a few, but not many, responses.

I have shot a few tweets at him relating to the benefits of staying home and "being a Billiken." A few times, he has marked my tweets as some of his "favorites." I'm not writing this to brag, because it doesn't do a whole lot for me that a high school kid likes something I put on Twitter and because he seems to "favorite" 30 or 40 tweets a day, so it's nothing special. I'm mentioning this, because in following FBJT, I have noticed that we are far behind other fan bases with this form of "showing him love" that he seems to be soliciting.

I got on today and looked over his "favorites" list and realized that there is a lot of campaigning going on by a lot of people from the other schools pursuing him. There have been a ton of Mizzou tweets recently, because he is visiting Mizzou soon. SLU is definitely in the minority of folks tweeting to FBJT about wanting him to go to their particular school.

For those that would say that doing this is a form a harassing a young high school kid about recruitment, keep in mind that not only is he asking for fans to tweet at him about their schools, but he is "favoriting" most of those tweets where fans are talking up their schools.

Here's my point: In the past, there has been a concern that the staff was not pursuing FBJT hard enough. That seems to have been remedied. Now, it seems that us, as Billiken fans, are not carrying our weight. Please follow FBJT on Twitter and send two or three tweets his way a week (positive tweets) about how badly we want to see him in a Billiken uniform. I just don't want this thing to come down to him thinking that some other group of fans will appreciate him more than we would. (One last note: I've mentioned both him and Tyler Cook coming to SLU together in some recent tweets, and he likes to "favorite" those")

While I see your point, he knows that this where his friends and family will watch him play every game. His high school friends are not driving to Columbia or Lawrence to watch him play more than a couple times at the most. I laugh when the Mizzou tweeps tout staying at home...that is SLU not Mizzou.

If it comes down to measuring the rabidness of fan bases on social media between us, Kentucky, Kansas, and SPUMAC...well....let's just hope that is not anywhere near a deciding factor.

I recently started following FBJT on Twitter. As some of you may know, he recently has been actively soliciting tweets from followers of different fan bases to let him know that they want him at their schools. I thought that throwing a mentions of SLU his way couldn't hurt the efforts to help with his decision to become a Billiken. He even recently asked for comments specifically from his SLU followers. This was followed up within a few days by the exact same request, but directed at Arizona fans who follow him. After the request for tweets from his Billiken followers, there were a few, but not many, responses.

I have shot a few tweets at him relating to the benefits of staying home and "being a Billiken." A few times, he has marked my tweets as some of his "favorites." I'm not writing this to brag, because it doesn't do a whole lot for me that a high school kid likes something I put on Twitter and because he seems to "favorite" 30 or 40 tweets a day, so it's nothing special. I'm mentioning this, because in following FBJT, I have noticed that we are far behind other fan bases with this form of "showing him love" that he seems to be soliciting.

I got on today and looked over his "favorites" list and realized that there is a lot of campaigning going on by a lot of people from the other schools pursuing him. There have been a ton of Mizzou tweets recently, because he is visiting Mizzou soon. SLU is definitely in the minority of folks tweeting to FBJT about wanting him to go to their particular school.

For those that would say that doing this is a form a harassing a young high school kid about recruitment, keep in mind that not only is he asking for fans to tweet at him about their schools, but he is "favoriting" most of those tweets where fans are talking up their schools.

Here's my point: In the past, there has been a concern that the staff was not pursuing FBJT hard enough. That seems to have been remedied. Now, it seems that us, as Billiken fans, are not carrying our weight. Please follow FBJT on Twitter and send two or three tweets his way a week (positive tweets) about how badly we want to see him in a Billiken uniform. I just don't want this thing to come down to him thinking that some other group of fans will appreciate him more than we would. (One last note: I've mentioned both him and Tyler Cook coming to SLU together in some recent tweets, and he likes to "favorite" those")

I hope you aren't a booster.

And I know it is rarely, if ever enforced, but it is impermissible for a booster to contact a recruit. This includes the internet.

I hope you aren't a booster.

And I know it is rarely, if ever enforced, but it is impermissible for a booster to contact a recruit. This includes the internet.

How is a booster defined? I ask because it seems that in the past I've gotten info from SLU that I thought states or implies that a season ticket holder is considered a "booster" and has to abide by certain rules. Now, I'm just an MBM who's done no boosting so I'm just asking. I don't even know how to boost.

Well, someone just posted on that twitter bar that it's a violation to twitter a recruit for your fav university. Right, I can see UK being put on probation for a thousand or so Catfanatics posting JT. Ain't gonna happen.

It's against the rules (not that I have a lot of respect for rules), and we're the kind of school the NCAA would hammer with violations that are OK at Kentucky or Duke.

It's against the rules (not that I have a lot of respect for rules), and we're the kind of school the NCAA would hammer with violations that are OK at Kentucky or Duke.

That was my thinking exactly. They'd use us to make folks believe they're on top of things. Wouldn't stop the bigs from doing it, however, and they'd still get get off scott free. Of course, we could easily get the twitter records and claim we didn't violate it as much as they did.

If he is going to make his mind up based a bunch of tweets from fans then he is going to be sorely disappointed in life. He needs t make a thoughtful decision based on hard data - those adoring tweets he is getting now from some schools will turn into boos if he does not deliver. Know your fan base.

Tatum is visiting Kansas this weekend.

UConn visited and offered Tyler Cook this week.

I thought Tatum was visiting Mizzou this weekend with the all the other 2015 recruits for the Georgia game. Could he be doing both?