Milik Yarbrough Commits

JMM28

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How? TL was extremely athletic and quick and played the point in high school. This guy isn't supposed to be that athletic or quick, just a pure scorer.

I just hope he's a really good MY going forward.

Since he's committing, can we use initials?

How? TL was extremely athletic and quick and played the point in high school. This guy isn't supposed to be that athletic or quick, just a pure scorer.

The questionable qualifying situation and the fact that we stayed on the kid while others shied away because of that. Probably the main reason we got Tommie. Hope this kid qualifies unlike Tommie out of high school.

2nd Team All-State according to the Chicago Tribune.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79832939/?related=true

As a frame of reference, Miles Reynolds and Marcus Bartley were listed as "Special Mention."

This is awesome!!! Too bad Crews can't recruit! :D

Video of him suggests that he models his style of game after Carmelo Anthony. (I am not suggesting he is anywhere near the caliber of player Carmelo Anthony was in college.)

I say that because Carmelo was a hefty forward who wasn't lighting quick or off-the-charts athletic but had great hands, a great shot, and an uncanny ability to use his body and skills to get points.

Video of him suggests that he models his style of game after Carmelo Anthony. (I am not suggesting he is anywhere near the caliber of player Carmelo Anthony was in college.)

I say that because Carmelo was a hefty forward who wasn't lighting quick or off-the-charts athletic but had great hands, a great shot, and an uncanny ability to use his body and skills to get points.

Nevermind, I just checked Carmelo's high school highlights on youtube.com, and he was an above-the-rim dunking machine. Interestingly, most of Carmelo's NBA highlights are 15 - 20 foot fadeaway and up-and-under jumpers.

I should also add another frame of reference with the All-State team by the Chicago Tribune.

This year:

Milik Yarbrough: 2nd Team

Miles Reynolds: Special Mention

Marcus Bartley: Special Mention

2012:

Keith Carter: First Team

2010:

Mike McCall: 2nd Team

Dwayne Evans: 3rd Team

2008:

Kyle Cassity: Special Mention

Ruben Cotto: Special Mention

2005:

Kevin Lisch: Special Mention

I should also add another frame of reference with the All-State team by the Chicago Tribune.

This year:

2012:

2010:

2008:

2005:

If he turns out as good as the Lisch kid, or even the Evans or McCall kid, that will be just fine.

Best player available for sure.

Specifically, either Prentiss Nixon or Evan Boudreaux would fill my criteria at this point.

The last two times we went for two-person classes we couldn't find a significant contributor (Glaze/Manning & Drew/Carter). That's what really hurt us this year in my opinion: the lack of scoring depth. As we move forward, having guys in the classes below the rising sophs and incoming freshmen who can get minutes will be huge. I'm still optimistic about Crawford/Lancona/Agbeko and I'm very excited about the incoming guys, but we HAVE to follow these classes up. I know we love to on VCU, but their scoring depth has enabled them to restock every year. That should be the goal.

Lastly, position need should be minimal. Out of the 9 freshmen and sophomores next year, three will be combo guards, two will be wings, two will be traditional forwards and two will be centers. We are good on position balance, just need to keep upgrading the talent.

This year:

2012:

2010:

2008:

2005:

No Brett Thompson?

Great News! ! ! I've heard some very encouraging things about young Mr. Yarborough. I can't wait to see this kid as an upperclassman, once he figures out how to defend better; but I think he'll compete for minutes right away and figure out ways to chip in points. I also think those gossippy accusations about his "character" should be ignored, from what I gather.

Not sure if folks saw these quotes: they highlight the star power of our beloved Hoosier scoring machine:

"After talking with an assistant coach who is the all-time leading scorer in Big Ten history, I was excited," Yarbrough said of Cheaney. "He told and showed how he will work with me, how he did it and how we will work together. Coming from him, that means a lot."

The 6-6 wing has always had a penchant for scoring the basketball. Whether it was shooting from the perimeter or using his big body and strength in finishing around the basket, Yarbrough was a matchup nightmare for opposing high school coaches. But the Saint Louis staff believes he can be a defensive stopper with his size and length.

"I admit, I didn't play a whole lot of defense in high school," Yarbrough said with a laugh. "But that will all change in college. They really think I can be a defensive presence and guard multiple positions."

- See more at: http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/376741?referral=rss#sthash.inCg8BqD.dpuf

The CC effect. He won't get many minutes if there's no D. Hope he plans on getting here early to work w/ CC on his D. I watched his video. Saw a slasher w/an outside shot. Looks like a good pickup. Getting more excited about these FR every day.

Nevermind, I just checked Carmelo's high school highlights on youtube.com, and he was an above-the-rim dunking machine. Interestingly, most of Carmelo's NBA highlights are 15 - 20 foot fadeaway and up-and-under jumpers.

I was going to ask you if you had ever actually seen Carmelo play. Carmelo and Paul Pierce are two guys that don't look like they would be great athletes with their doughy bodies, but they can both produce some ridiculous highlights.

I was going to ask you if you had ever actually seen Carmelo play. Carmelo and Paul Pierce are two guys that don't look like they would be great athletes with their doughy bodies, but they can both produce some ridiculous highlights.

I remember melo being really skinny in college