Rank them by minutes played

ACE

Not easy to figure out for next season and I think there will be very little consensus on the board. I have a hard time guessing on the three freshman guards and only ranked MB the highest because I think there is the greatest need at PG. DR and MR figure to have more competition for playing time with the more experienced AY and MC. There is an opportunity for DR or MR to pass MC up on the depth chart...

1) AY

2) AM

3) TL

4) JM

5) MC

6) RA

7) MB

8) GG

9) DR

10) MR

11) BJ

I appreciate the thread, ACE, and glad to have some relevant conversation in the mix.

I'd say:

1) AY

2) AM

3) TL

4) JM

5) RA

6) MC

7) GG

8) MB

9) DR

10) MR

11) BJ

I'd like to think that RA will be taking some big time away from JM, and maybe doing double shifts to cover TL when he comes off the floor. Obviously it'll be dependant on how he handles the surgery, but if he truly is at 100% from day 1 and spends a lot of time working over the summer, I think he'll be huge for us. If he stays all four years I'd expect him to make 1st or 2nd team all conference. Book it, you heard it here first.
And why no AG? Are we assuming redshirt or just nothing to contribute? Or did we just forget?
And this is subject to change. I'd like to see MB climb up the charts a little bit towards the end of the season, but off the bat I think he'll be lower-middle class.

1. Yacoubou

2. McBroom

3. Lancona

4. Manning

5. Crawford

6. Agbeko

7. Reynolds

8. Roby

9. Glaze

10. Jolly

11. Bartley

12. Gillmann (redshirt)

I think McBroom will play the most minutes early in the season, but either Reynolds or Bartley will eventually establish a role as the backup PG and take some pressure off McBroom.

1. Yacoubou

2. McBroom

3. Lancona

4. Manning

5. Crawford

6. Agbeko

7. Reynolds

8. Roby

9. Glaze

10. Jolly

11. Bartley

12. Gillmann (redshirt)

I think McBroom will play the most minutes early in the season, but either Reynolds or Bartley will eventually establish a role as the backup PG and take some pressure off McBroom.

God, I hope so... that was our biggest plague this year was help from the bench, and that's fine and dandy in OOC but once conference play starts off we HAVE to have multiple bodies that can come off the bench to fill some gaps and mend some wounds. Depth is more vital next year than I can explain...

And God I hope Gillmann redshirts...

Would love to see AM emerge as a Shabazz Napier type PG. I still have a hard time comprehending how AM becomes the lead PG in next years lineup. His size is a major issue once he is being guarded by taller and stronger guards. He can be easiy run off his shot. As can be pointed out based on his ineffectiveness as the season wore on and teams figured making him a play maker reduced his offensive abilities. My guess is Reynolds is the PG and Ash is 2. Bartley's weight increase and conditioning could be a plus if he is able to contribute next season. For AM, he will backup these players is how I see it but if he does crack the starting lineup I expect Ash to be the primary ballhandler.

As for RA, assuming 100% recovery, he will get major minutes at 3, 4, and 5 positions due his size, athleticism, and versatility. Gilman is a redshirt for sure.

Would love to see AM emerge as a Shabazz Napier type PG. I still have a hard time comprehending how AM becomes the lead PG in next years lineup. His size is a major issue once he is being guarded by taller and stronger guards. He can be easiy run off his shot. As can be pointed out based on his ineffectiveness as the season wore on and teams figured making him a play maker reduced his offensive abilities. My guess is Reynolds is the PG and Ash is 2. Bartley's weight increase and conditioning could be a plus if he is able to contribute next season. For AM, he will backup these players is how I see it but if he does crack the starting lineup I expect Ash to be the primary ballhandler.

As for RA, assuming 100% recovery, he will get major minutes at 3, 4, and 5 positions due his size, athleticism, and versatility. Gilman is a redshirt for sure.

I think AM's example is Chaz Williams. He's not as bulky/strong, but I think he can provide some of that same dynamic element.

I think AM's example is Chaz Williams. He's not as bulky/strong, but I think he can provide some of that same dynamic element.

I agree with you there. Not to say this kid couldn't start but he would need to bring his dynamite to the fight like CHAZ did every night. Scared alot of teams to see him in that backcourt.

If the goal is to win the first 5 to 10 games of next season, then AM should start at PG b/c of his experience and ability to step in immediately and run the offense which he helped run this past year and which he has been practicing these past 2 years. Instead, the goal is win long-term and JC will review all of his options (including AM) at PG upon which to build his offense. My thought is that one of the Frosh will be our PG from day 1. Dayton is the model: they played 11 or more guys, they had a large number of Frosh and Sophs who made mistakes but learned, improved and became better as the year went on, they mixed in some upperclassmen and they won games with quantity and hustle.

I agree with you there. Not to say this kid couldn't start but he would need to bring his dynamite to the fight like CHAZ did every night. Scared alot of teams to see him in that backcourt.

Chaz was certainly much better as a sophomore than McBroom was as a redshirt sophomore.

If the goal is to win the first 5 to 10 games of next season, then AM should start at PG b/c of his experience and ability to step in immediately and run the offense which he helped run this past year and which he has been practicing these past 2 years. Instead, the goal is win long-term and JC will review all of his options (including AM) at PG upon which to build his offense. My thought is that one of the Frosh will be our PG from day 1. Dayton is the model: they played 11 or more guys, they had a large number of Frosh and Sophs who made mistakes but learned, improved and became better as the year went on, they mixed in some upperclassmen and they won games with quantity and hustle.

Great points guys. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out but I do believe the team will get better.

I lol every time someone says something like "Dayton is the model." If it wasn't for us collapsing on our home court and giving them that game they wouldn't have even made the tournament, but now people want us to model our program after them? Absurd

Can we stop saying Dayton is the model. They got hot at the right time. That is all. Let's not make archie into izzo, bo ryan, or even brad stevens. His coaching is about as good as derrick kellog.

Great point. We may lose some games early on, but it will help us be stronger at the end of the season when it matters most

I say we play like UConn next season. Disrespected and no one expecting us to do anything next season. Got the chip on that shoulder to prove ESPN wrong once again. That's my model....."two yehhrs you ban us. We are the hungry Billikens."

I lol every time someone says something like "Dayton is the model." If it wasn't for us collapsing on our home court and giving them that game they wouldn't have even made the tournament, but now people want us to model our program after them? Absurd

Wow. The long-term effects of Billiken Kool-Aid is worse than I thought!! Absurd? Really?

Forget Dayton's NCAA Tournament run to the Elite Eight for a moment and assume they had lost, instead, to Ohio State in their first game. Even then, their regular season record was 23-10. A closer look will then show that Dayton won only 1 of their first 6 A10 games. Thereafter, they won 9 of their next 10 games. An even closer look would then reveal that Dayton looked terrible against SLU (their first A10 game) even though they played us on their home court losing the game by 8 points. Thereafter, they avenged this loss and looked like a completely different team against us in winning at Chaifetz by 5 points.

No, Absurd, is saying that Dayton "got hot" a just the right time. Now, would that right time be their final 10 conference games when they went 9 and 1? Or would it be the second half of their season when they won 13 of their last 16 games?

Again, Dayton's team this past year was powered by their quantity of Sophs and Frosh guided by some good, but not great, Juniors and Seniors. In short Dayton played a much stronger second half of the year than they played their first half. Additional time to improve, learn their system and roles and gel together is what makes Dayton a role model for us which also will have a quantity of Frosh and Sophs along with some good but not great Juniors and Seniors. And yes, reaching the Elite Eight only adds to their role model status.

Wow. The long-term effects of Billiken Kool-Aid is worse than I thought!! Absurd? Really?

Forget Dayton's NCAA Tournament run to the Elite Eight for a moment and assume they had lost, instead, to Ohio State in their first game. Even then, their regular season record was 23-10. A closer look will then show that Dayton won only 1 of their first 6 A10 games. Thereafter, they won 9 of their next 10 games. An even closer look would then reveal that Dayton looked terrible against SLU (their first A10 game) even though they played us on their home court losing the game by 8 points. Thereafter, they avenged this loss and looked like a completely different team against us in winning at Chaifetz by 5 points.

No, Absurd, is saying that Dayton "got hot" a just the right time. Now, would that right time be their final 10 conference games when they went 9 and 1? Or would it be the second half of their season when they won 13 of their last 16 games?

Again, Dayton's team this past year was powered by their quantity of Sophs and Frosh guided by some good, but not great, Juniors and Seniors. In short Dayton played a much stronger second half of the year than they played their first half. Additional time to improve, learn their system and roles and gel together is what makes Dayton a role model for us which also will have a quantity of Frosh and Sophs along with some good but not great Juniors and Seniors. And yes, reaching the Elite Eight only adds to their role model status.

Yes. Absurd. They got hot at the right time. We dominated them on their home court and blew the second game against them yet we need to be more like them?

They won a ton of must win games down the stretch. Good for them. The only problem is that they were playing at the same level, if not better, at the beginning of the season. So your theory about them improving as the year went along holds little to no weight. They got hot at the end of the year and had good match ups in the tournament.

The funniest thing about your post is that if Dayton actually had lost in the first round to Ohio State you wouldn't have even been posting about this. It's hilarious how caught up in the moment some people get. Take a minute to step back and examine the whole picture. And wipe the red and white jizz off your face while you're at it.

Maybe we should follow the LaSalle model?

Following the LaSalle model was the plan last year. This year its Dayton. Four years ago it was the Butler model.

I'm just looking forward to the day when people want to follow our model.