Statstical guessing game time

Leading scorer & other statistical guesses  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How surprised would you be if someone other than Dwayne Evans is leading scorer?

• 0 -- not at all surprised; fully expecting it;
    • 1 -- somewhat surprised;
    • 2 -- surprised;
    • 3 -- shocked;
    • 4 -- impossible; you're absurd for asking.
  2. 2. Who, other than Evans, might most likely be leading scorer?

• Jordair Jett;
    • Mike McCall Jr.;
    • Rob Loe;
    • Jake Barnett;
    • Grandy Glaze;
    • Austin McBroom
    • John Manning;
    • Reggie Agbeko;
    • Tanner Lancona;
    • Mike Crawford;
    • Joey Lepak (ha ha).
  3. 3. Who will lead the Billikens in dunks in 2013-14 (wish they kept that stat)

• Glaze
    • Loe
    • Manning
    • Evans
    • Jett
    • Agbeko
    • Lancona
    • Barnett
    • McCall
    • Crawford

I believe Evans has one of the best Billiken years ever. He goes for 17 + a game. Becomes the 6th Billiken to score 600 points in a season and first sine Justin Love.

Not sure about Jett and McCall. Part of me thinks Jett will score more, but also thinks he will be the primary facilitator on the team as well. McCall could average upwards of 15 ppg but he has always been about 10 a game. I don't think that chages. Jett hits 12 with 5 dimes. McCall goes for 10 a game, Loe and Glaze just under 10 apiece.

The only reason I say McCall is because I feel like Evans had to light the fuse a bit... And that I think Jett may have foul trouble for a while before he adjusts.

I still believe it'll be Evans in beast mode... Just who has potential to replace him at the top :)

Can Austin McBroom dunk?

I have no idea, but it wouldn't shock me if he could. He may not be able to to dunk in a game, but possibly playground style. I have seen posts on here pointing out when one of our players could dunk almost as if they were surprised. I think I saw a post about Mike Crawford in that regard.

If a player is 6'2" - 6'3" or taller would we really want them if they could not dunk? No, you don't recruit a player based off of that, but if have a player that was that height or taller, I would hope he was athletic enough to be able to dunk the ball. Even if he never did it in the game. Whether somebody can dunk or not is certainly not the end all be all, but if we want to be a top team and stay there, then besides the obvious basketball part of recruiting I would hope we were recruiting terrific athletes.

McBroom is sub 6' so he may not be able to, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could as he's very athletic.

If a player is 6'2" - 6'3" or taller would we really want them if they could not dunk? No, you don't recruit a player based off of that, but if have a player that was that height or taller, I would hope he was athletic enough to be able to dunk the ball. Even if he never did it in the game. Whether somebody can dunk or not is certainly not the end all be all, but if we want to be a top team and stay there, then besides the obvious basketball part of recruiting I would hope we were recruiting terrific athletes.

McBroom is sub 6' so he may not be able to, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could as he's very athletic.

It depends. At 6'4", David Robinson could not dunk, but he was definitely a key player for the Bills 20 years ago. (Wow, it's been that long?)

I suspect the real show will come when RA returns. We will get our share of GG and him throwing it down during games. Would like to see like 6 - 8 dunks per contest to get the blood pumping. Put Manning and Evans in the party so we can get our own version of Dunk City. Keep JJ outta that, he scares me every time he tries to get above the rims. Signs of him injured scares me. We need him healthy throughout the season to make the splash.

• 4 months later...