SLU Soccer Rankings (week 5)

kwyjibo

The official RPI out and it is good news. Soccer America continues to lead in SLU bandwagon jumping however now everybody is on board (worst ranking is 10th).

Official RPI (Sept. 29th)-- 6th

NSCAA (coaches) Poll: 8th (last week 10th)

Soccer America: 3rd (last week 6th)

College Soccer News: 9th (last week 16th)

Top Drawer: 10th (last week 9th)

Massey Computer: 10th (10th last week)
Unofficial RPI : 7th (last week 5th)

Big game at Indiana tomorrow. SLU is looking to solidify that top 10 ranking.

In the official RPI Davidson is 3rd as they are 5-0-1 against DI, George Mason is 7-0-1 but they have played a weaker schedule and are just 49th. SLU playing St. Bona and UMass will kill their RPI but overall they schedule is shaping up to give SLU a decent at-large chance. VCU and Dayton are decent teams but have played hard enough schedules to have poor non-conf records.

I decided not even to include Bennet Rank this year because the method is idiotic and despite the slick website all the rankings are seriously flawed. The proof of this is that SLU is currently ranked 43rd.

This game is on Big Ten Network 2GO (there is an app for that--I will be trying it out later). I am not sure what you need but hopefully we can all watch this on our devices.

http://www.btn2go.com/schedule?date=2014-10-01&sids=MSC

I have it - if you are a cable/satellite subscriber who gets the Big Ten Network, you can watch games through the app.

Bummer to see us lose 3-1 to Indiana but if there is one way to awaken the beast that Indiana can be, it's scoring in the first 14 seconds by chipping the keeper. Can't believe Kristo pulled that off. Kind of like when the US scored so early against Ghana and had to hold on for 90 minutes. Indiana must have come at us with the full force as they scored in the 8th, 22, and 38th minute. They outshot us 9-5 in the first half before backing off as we then out shot them 4-2 in the second. We did force the keeper into four saves so we had some chances. So it's disappointing not to walk away with a draw at least but I will take a record of 2-1 versus top 15 teams thus far.