Alec Peters

It's tough for any Indiana boy to turn down an offer to play for IU. He's also had the opportunity to spend several years crushing high-quality poon and is probably guaranteed to have a nice job selling pharmaceuticals for Eli Lilly when he graduates.

I think that's a nod to Brad Stevens, although he matriculated at DePauw (Dan Quayle U).

http://www.indystar....asketball-coach

If it's to Butler more likely to get a job coaching at a local high school. Eli Lilly hasn't been hiring a lot lately. A friend of mine's son got one of only 4 jobs they offered in the chemistry area (Butler grad). By the way, Brownsburg is the HS where Butler and Utah Jazz player, Gordon Hayward, went to HS and Cardinals' pitcher, Lance Lynn.

http://www.indystar....asketball-coach

If it's to Butler more likely to get a job coaching at a local high school. Eli Lilly hasn't been hiring a lot lately. A friend of mine's son got one of only 4 jobs they offered in the chemistry area (Butler grad). By the way, Brownsburg is the HS where Butler and Utah Jazz player, Gordon Hayward, went to HS.

I heard the character Jimmy Chitwood was based on Gordon Hayward.

I heard the character Jimmy Chitwood was based on Gordon Hayward.

No. Was always Bobby Plump. Milan HS state championship team of 1954 and Butler grad who also played in the NBL in the late 1950's. He has a bar, Plump's Last Shot, in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indy that has sports memorabilia from all the small Indiana high schools that won or nearly won state championships. He also has a bunch of Pacers, Butler and Colts memorabilia. It's near the Monon Greenway Trail (a rails to trails project).

No. Was always Bobby Plump. Milan HS state championship team of 1954 and Butler grad who also played in the NBL in the late 1950's. He has a bar, Plump's Last Shot, in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indy that has sports memorabilia from all the small Indiana high schools that won or nearly won state championships. He also has a bunch of Pacers, Butler and Colts memorabilia. It's near the Monon Greenway Trail (a rails to trails project).

I'm pretty sure it was Gordon Hayward.

I'm pretty sure it was Gordon Hayward.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Bobby_Plump

Bobby Plump was a member of the Milan High School basketball team that won theIndiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) State Tournament in 1954. Plump was named one of the Most Noteworthy Hoosiers of the 20th century by Indianapolis Monthly Magazine. He was also one of the 50 greatest sports figures from Indiana in the 20th century, according to Sports Illustrated.

After graduating from Butler University, he played three years for Phillips 66 of the National Industrial Basketball League. Following his professional sports career with Phillips 66, he began a near forty year career in the life insurance and financial consulting industry. After retiring from that career; he established "Plump's Last Shot," a restaurant in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indianapolis, Indiana.[1]

Bobby Plump and his high school teammates were the inspiration behind the hit movie Hoosiers with Gene Hackman

Hayward was not born yet in 1985 when the movie "Hoosiers" was made.

bbtds, you need to hang around a while to become privvy to the inside jokes of an established online community. They're pulling your leg.

Yah, I got the message after the third Gordon Hayward response. The Gordon Hayward situation is one that sticks in my craw. He was and his parents still are faithful members of Christ Lutheran Church in Brownsburg. If he would have followed his religious persuation he would have gone to Valpo. Many people in my church know the Haywards from different church conferences they have attended in Indy.

Yah, I got the message after the third Gordon Hayward response. The Gordon Hayward situation is one that sticks in my craw. He was and his parents still are faithful members of Christ Lutheran Church in Brownsburg. If he would have followed his religious persuation he would have gone to Valpo. Many people in my church know the Haywards from different church conferences they have attended in Indy.

Oh my, you're sounding like a Mormon.

Hayward>Valpo