early saturday rambling roy all in lower case with no cares about spelling and grammar however NEVER initials

On the band, has anybody noticed that the sound arrangement has been off lately? One game the bass is really loud (and completely off key - like playing a different song from everyone else off key) and the next the trombones are loud and the next the flutes. Something is up with the levels or the mics. After years of it being flawless, this year something is off IMHO. Although, last night I thought everything sounded great.

Absolutely right. Painful. The mix is all over the place. Not sure why. The bass player(s?) need to learn the music. New director needs to get after this.

Does the band "do" anything? Now, before the bashers start I am being sincere and not critical as I have never been to a game at Chaifetz yet, especially a huge one like Friday night. But I continually see where George Mason and the VCU bands getting votes or laying claim to the "best" band in college basketball. And I've seen them in person as well. The evening game at Dayton showed their band "doing" things that verged on "seat dancing" and things like that. Our guys are impressive, overly good, and I really enjoy them. But they occupy an entire section and seem quite "stoic" in their presentation of the music. I know there is singing and I always catch a few of the tuba congo guys when they do that at one of the game breaks, but mostly it seems like a very stoic performance --- like the Michigan Stae or Penn State band versus the Southern band if we were comparing marching bands.

Just a note or observation but you can't se emuch from that damn couch in MD......

Would really like to see a lot more traction in regards to Justin Tatum as a possible assistant.

I've felt that way for a few years now. SLU would really benefit from hiring its alumnus Justin Tatum — Jayson coming or not. What Lee Winfield was for Rich Grawer (and then Norm Stewart), Justin Tatum can be for Jim Crews and whoever is SLU's coach. I'm not saying to give Calbert Cheaney, Tanner Bronson, or Jim Platt walking papers, but couldn't one of them be ready for or nudged into an upward move after the end of this season (not withstanding the Billikens' record in a rebuilding year)? Erwin Claggett is another SLU alumnus I think should be afforded an opportunity to coach for his alma mater.

Good to hear from you, Roy! Don't be a stranger, and take care of that ticker. Or at least make sure that, if you have a heart attack, it happens because of the ecstasy of Jayson Tatum's leading the Bills to the 2017 NCAA National Championship :) .