Fire Guy Phillips

slufan13

I don't care if he's an official employee or if he even gets paid to do this job, just hire someone else. It was like Guy couldn't wait to get out of there tonight.

He's not terrible at getting the crowd into it after a big play but he screws up so much other stuff.

I don't care if he's an official employee or if he even gets paid to do this job, just hire someone else. It was like Guy couldn't wait to get out of there tonight.

He's not terrible at getting the crowd into it after a big play but he screws up so much other stuff.

I disagree, he's still awful at that. And saying that we lost when there was still 0.8 seconds left is just absolute trash.

This thread comes up every single year. I think we have a better chance to win the National Championship this year then Guy being fired.

Was the new president in attendance last night? He seems to have somewhat higher standards than previous administrations. (And I think Guy's patrons have largely disappeared from the "insider" group at the AD and SLU as a whole.)

Was the new president in attendance last night? He seems to have somewhat higher standards than previous administrations. (And I think Guy's patrons have largely disappeared from the "insider" group at the AD and SLU as a whole.)

He's been at all(?) home games. Sits behind the scorer's table about 5-7 rows up on the aisle

I agree about the end of the game - he needs to shut up and not give the refs any reason to think their initial thoughts are wrong. You can not fix stupid.

I don't understand the obsession with what I find to be such an immaterial part of the entire college basketball experience. Most of the time, I don't even hear him, or any PA for that matter, but it seems like some people hang on his every word. I just don't get that.

Anyway, to be fair about last night, after the VCU layup, Crews was walking over shaking Shaka's hand. The refs had to tell them both to go back to their benches, so it wasn't just the PA who threw in the towel. Kind of a weird finish overall.

I don't understand the obsession with what I find to be such an immaterial part of the entire college basketball experience. Most of the time, I don't even hear him, or any PA for that matter, but it seems like some people hang on his every word. I just don't get that.

Anyway, to be fair about last night, after the VCU layup, Crews was walking over shaking Shaka's hand. The refs hand to tell them both to go back to their benches, so it wasn't just the PA who threw in the towel. Kind of a weird finish overall.

It's a vital part of keeping the fringe fans into the game and growing our fan base and brand.

After watching the replay, I don't mind Guy stating, "final." The referees signaled game over and started leaving the court

The one ref was running across the floor stopping the other refs from leaving. He thought and was right that there was still time left on the clock when the ball went out of bounds. JC is to be forgiven because he is watching the play and not the clock. The PA announcer can call the game as final score anytime - it has no value actually because everyone in the arena knows the final score.

-the Band played "When the Saints Go Marching In" before the officials went to the monitor and put time on the clock

I don't remember that. If that's the case, it's likely because we needed a song quickly. We also played it during a couple of the later timeouts. Pretty sure it was the S-A-I-N-T version to try to keep the crowd into the game. After the initial shock, we saw the refs checking the clock.

I don't remember that. If that's the case, it's likely because we needed a song quickly. We also played it during a couple of the later timeouts. Pretty sure it was the S-A-I-N-T version to try to keep the crowd into the game. After the initial shock, we saw the refs checking the clock.

-I am not trying to place blame but rather pointing to another example that the whole scene was chaotic on top of the fog of the then very recent act of allowing VCU to go the length of the floor with no defense

-it was not the SAINT version, it was the version played at the end of the game

-I am not trying to place blame but rather pointing to another example that the whole scene was chaotic on top of the fog of the then very recent act of allowing VCU to go the length of the floor with no defense

-it was not the SAINT version, it was the version played at the end of the game

Sounds good. Obviously, I don't remember as well d/t that whole fog