Grandy Glaze

crymdg2

It's obvious it won't be at SLU. After the Davidson game he called out McBroom on his blog. Maybe it stems from that. Here's the link to the blog. He doesn't really call out McBroom but he questions why he isn't playing more.

https://glaze1.wordpress.com

First we have to have have a available scholarship, but if we do, I seen nothing on his blog he would go somewhere else. I have no problem, if he is healthy, giving it to him if one comes available.

I think if had been healthy this year and in the line-up, we may have pulled out 2 or 3 more w's.

First we have to have have a available scholarship, but if we do, I seen nothing on his blog he would go somewhere else. I have no problem, if he is healthy, giving it to him if one comes available.

I think if had been healthy this year and in the line-up, we may have pulled out 2 or 3 more w's.

I agree we would probably have 2 more wins.

The fact that he's not on the bench should tell you he won't be back next year unless the issues can be reconciled.

If Crews has said thanks for everything but it is time for us to both go our separate ways then good for him. Grandy is not to be belittled but when you are ready to retire after a successful long career everybody is grateful for your dedication but they are moving on without you and really you need to do so also. If Grandy does not finish his degree then he is eligible to play somewhere else if he does then he is eligible to play somewhere else as a grad student. The key words here are somewhere else. After last nigh's game against VCU we just need players who are better then just serviceable.

2 or 3 more wins? You remember a different Grandy than I do. He hustled, was fun to watch and could supply energy and a few rebounds, but he wasn't a difference maker.

Some things just never end... Again, none of us wants to attack or disparage one of our own. GG is a nice young man who has given SLU and his teammates all that he can and who has suffered a bad injury while doing what he does best -- energy and hustle for a loose ball. GG could have helped early this year to help fill a vacuum and provide leadership to our 6 Frosh and 3 Sophs who barely played last year. At the same time, had GG been healthy this year, I would have been disappointed if GG remained our starter at this time of year -- nothing against GG and his efforts but instead I would have hoped and expected some of our youth would have stepped up by now and passed up GG on the depth charts. Remember, GG is undersized to play the 4, cannot dribble or shoot from more than 5 feet so playing the 3 is not an option and despite several poster's recollections and honest beliefs that he can score and contribute, GG scored only 3.8 ppg last year for a team which desperately needed help on the inside.

Now and next year, MY has proven to be our 4 and I hope/expect 30 minutes per game from him next year. Others who can play the 4 and supplement MY are guys like RA (good game last night), TL, AG, BJ, Welmer and Neufeld.

Thank you GG for your service these past 4 years and good luck wherever you go next year.

It's obvious it won't be at SLU. After the Davidson game he called out McBroom on his blog. Maybe it stems from that. Here's the link to the blog. He doesn't really call out McBroom but he questions why he isn't playing more.

https://glaze1.wordpress.com

The McBroom quote is nothing. Worst thing he said in that blog: Anthony Bennett is playing terrific basketball. What is he watching..

He only played 7 minutes against NC State, but that steal and layup to cut it to 3 with under 90 seconds to play was a game changer.

While not a star, Glaze averaged 12 minutes per game on back to back conference champions.

It's unfortunate that his body let him down this season, as his defensive intensity would have been even more valuable on such a young roster.

That said, SLU cannot afford to take a flyer on a high floor low ceiling 5th year senior undersized power forward with chronic shoulder problems.

Some things just never end... Again, none of us wants to attack or disparage one of our own. GG is a nice young man who has given SLU and his teammates all that he can and who has suffered a bad injury while doing what he does best -- energy and hustle for a loose ball. GG could have helped early this year to help fill a vacuum and provide leadership to our 6 Frosh and 3 Sophs who barely played last year. At the same time, had GG been healthy this year, I would have been disappointed if GG remained our starter at this time of year -- nothing against GG and his efforts but instead I would have hoped and expected some of our youth would have stepped up by now and passed up GG on the depth charts. Remember, GG is undersized to play the 4, cannot dribble or shoot from more than 5 feet so playing the 3 is not an option and despite several poster's recollections and honest beliefs that he can score and contribute, GG scored only 3.8 ppg last year for a team which desperately needed help on the inside.

Now and next year, MY has proven to be our 4 and I hope/expect 30 minutes per game from him next year. Others who can play the 4 and supplement MY are guys like RA (good game last night), TL, AG, BJ, Welmer and Neufeld.

Thank you GG for your service these past 4 years and good luck wherever you go next year.

Well said

He only played 7 minutes against NC State, but that steal and layup to cut it to 3 with under 90 seconds to play was a game changer.

While not a star, Glaze averaged 12 minutes per game on back to back conference champions.

It's unfortunate that his body let him down this season, as his defensive intensity would have been even more valuable on such a young roster.

That said, SLU cannot afford to take a flyer on a high floor low ceiling 5th year senior undersized power forward with chronic shoulder problems.

Also well said

I agree we would probably have 2 more wins.

The fact that he's not on the bench should tell you he won't be back next year unless the issues can be reconciled.

He would have been especially valuable early in the season, against Texas A&M Christy Canyon and South Dakota State. I think he would've made enough of a difference in those two games alone, if not more.

Just stop. I know for a fact what has been going on, but i'm not going to post it because I know I'll get crap from posters like you. I also don't want to say anything about stuff going on behind closed doors on the message board, it's more respectful to the team and players.

No Dwayne's_World what you are really saying is: "Look at me, I know something that no one else knows, it is likely going to hurt Grandy and being the respectful wonderful person I am I will keep my mouth shut." What you are doing is getting the spotlight on yourself regardless of who you may hurt and regardless of how bad your inside information is, which judging by your prior posts about Grandy is very inaccurate. You would serve yourself much better by keeping whatever rumors or innuendo you have in this regard to yourself. Leave the guy alone, he is obviously not going through a happy period in his life, respect his privacy and let him deal with it as he will do in time.

No Dwayne's_World what you are really saying is: "Look at me, I know something that no one else knows, it is likely going to hurt Grandy and being the respectful wonderful person I am I will keep my mouth shut." What you are doing is getting the spotlight on yourself regardless of who you may hurt and regardless of how bad your inside information is, which judging by your prior posts about Grandy is very inaccurate. You would serve yourself much better by keeping whatever rumors or innuendo you have in this regard to yourself. Leave the guy alone, he is obviously not going through a happy period in his life, respect his privacy and let him deal with it as he will do in time.

+1

+1

What's interesting is that if Dwayne's World had just said what he knows about Grandy, people would be thanking him for sharing the information and it would stir up a lot of discussion. But since he won't say, people get all pissy about it because they don't know.

Slufan13 there is a vast difference between someone who really has knowledge about something and someone who is putting up airs and building a fake image regardless of who he hurts. I have full confidence that you are among the ones that know what he is talking about and has valid information. As far as the other person goes, I think he has a future in politics.

Just say what you know. Aren't message boards intended to discuss rumors and speculation? I don't see why there is any reason for someone who knows something (unless they work for the program or the athletic department) to not post it on this board. And if they don't feel comfortable doing so, don't post anything especially alluding to knowing something.

Just say what you know. Aren't message boards intended to discuss rumors and speculation? I don't see why there is any reason for someone who knows something (unless they work for the program or the athletic department) to not post it on this board. And if they don't feel comfortable doing so, don't post anything especially alluding to knowing something.

+1