VCU over the Bills by 17

The Wiz

Cause VCU turns the ball over a lot, right?

I enjoy your previews of other match ups from the SLU perspective, but I can't take it as seriously if you cannot read the data correctly.

Lol....I was going to let you and your friends stew for another 36 hours or so and continue to mess with you but since things are heating up a bit, we will deal with it now. As you can see by the above sign from Bizziken...you are not supposed to feed the trolls. Unfortunately, the very nature of a thread predicting a VCU double digit win is a troll buffet. So knowing there would be trolls (see line 1 of original post)and knowing we would not be able to ban you all in advance....I put a poison pill in the troll food. The pill only works because VCU trolls are very anal about getting the " correct story" out about their team to opposing fans who don;t care to hear it ...especially from VCU trolls.

The poison pill is located in the 2nd to last paragraph. All the numbers in the original post are correct ....I changed 1 word best to worst....so that it read 21st worst in the nation instead of 21st best in the nation. You will notice, I never mentioned 10.7 TO/game (the actual rate)...but did mention VCU needs 13 TOs this game.as 1 of the parameters.( which is correct) I put this post up because it seems like the OP is continuing to bother you and I wanted to put you out of your misery.

Oh btw...I trust you and your friends will behave going forth . If not, I will have to conjure up "The Curse". This is when things are going good for a team and then all of a sudden in some mysterious and magical way things fall apart....losing to a team you shouldn't, shooting turns cold, injuries, the ball bounces the other way, etc. Now you and your friends wouldn't want to be responsible for that, would you?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol....I was going to let you and your friends stew for another 36 hours or so and continue to mess with you but since things are heating up a bit, we will deal with it now. As you can see by the above sign from Bizziken...you are not supposed to feed the trolls. Unfortunately, the very nature of a thread predicting a VCU double digit win is a troll buffet. So knowing there would be trolls (see line 1 of original post)and knowing we would not be able to ban you all in advance....I put a poison pill in the troll food. The pill only works because VCU trolls are very anal about getting the " correct story" out about their team to opposing fans who don;t care to hear it ...especially from VCU trolls.

The poison pill is located in the 2nd to last paragraph. All the numbers in the original post are correct ....I changed 1 word best to worst....so that it read 21st worst in the nation instead of 21st best in the nation. You will notice, I never mentioned 10.7 TO/game (the actual rate)...but did mention VCU needs 13 TOs this game.as 1 of the parameters.( which is correct) I put this post up because it seems like the OP is continuing to bother you and I wanted to put you out of your misery.

Oh btw...I trust you and your friends will behave going forth . If not, I will have to conjure up "The Curse". This is when things are going good for a team and then all of a sunden in some mysterious and magical way things fall apart....losing to a team you shouldn't, shooting turns cold, injuries, the ball bounces the other way, etc. Now you and your friends wouldn't want to be responsible for that, would you?

:D

This is brilliant. The Wiz lays the smack down once again. The trolls have probably receded to their bridges... and by bridges I mean the "Ram Nation" message board.

Oh btw...I trust you and your friends will behave going forth . If not, I will have to conjure up "The Curse". This is when things are going good for a team and then all of a sunden in some mysterious and magical way things fall apart....losing to a team you shouldn't, shooting turns cold, injuries, the ball bounces the other way, etc. Now you and your friends wouldn't want to be responsible for that, would you?

If you look through my post history, I have never "trolled" this board. My name is not Mudkat, nor Iquarles - so your first paragraph does not refer to me. Neither Mudkat or Iquarles are my "friends", so I am not bothered by your name calling. They both ARE trolls.

Anal about getting the correct story? IDK why you messed up, but I felt a need to correct it - since you put these previews before every SLU game, I thought I'd add the correction to better your analysis. I thought you may not know VCU as well as you think. I would always bow to an SLU fan's expertise on their own squad.

Maybe you're a good BSer, but you said you "only changed 1 word" but based beating VCU on this entire sentence:

"VCU weakness...They don't take care of the ball...all the emphasis is on steals....no one talks about how they are one of the worst in protecting the ball as they are 21st in the nation in TO's."

That's not "changing" one word, that's an entire phrase predicated on the fact that VCU apparently turns the ball over too much. If you changed "worst" to "best", that entire sentence would make no sense. I'll leave this conversation now, as it's not helping anything. If you have any questions about VCU feel free to ask. I'll read through this board before our next game, and the A10 tourney.

Looking forward to a good game.

This makes no sense, out of the 12 players that see normal minutes:

6 are FR

3 is a SO

2 are JR

1 is a SR

Plus the top rated HS player is going to SLU.

I'm just wondering, where are you seeing the whole " irrelevant" thing?

Ben Simmons switched his commitment to SLU today?

Anytime soon? How about next year? Are you forgetting that your losing Briante Weber? Who is the biggest component of havoc, leader in assists, leader in steals..etc. Or how about losing Treveon Graham? Leading scorer and rebounder? Next year they will still be good....but dont see them being "as" good as this year. I think someone is a little butt hurt from the past two seasons.

You just haven't been paying attention have you...

Have a look at the class we brought in this year and last year. The really good programs lose guys like Tre and Bri and just keep rolling along.

We will have no no issues whatsoever, except in early season while getting everyone on the same page. Actually, our team will be way more well balanced and our weakness (bigs) will be solved. Tillman is already starting to be a beast. He's going to be a real force and he's already showing signs of domination on D and some signs of offense as well. Mo's just a Soph and he's a brick wall blocking machine that's developing slowly into a guy who can score. His ceiling is very high.

Oh and we have this guy named Murphy (they grow em big n strong in TX) who was recruited by all of the TX schools and more coming in.

JQ will be hitting stride as a PG. Jon Williams will be a much improved PG. Kenny can play it too. Larrier will just be a Soph, with that sweet 3 stroke and another 17-18 games under his belt. Oh, did I forget Kenny W (took him from UNC's short-list) and Tevin Mack (if you haven't heard about him, you just don't follow the game).

If you haven't had a look at Mack, he's a scoring machine and a beast who will likely be plug n play. He's a chiseled rock with a mega-handle a 3 ball and the height to get over any guard. Have a look and salivate.What kid works this hard in HS? He's going to be NCAA ready when he shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240&v=C73pGKontP4

All of these guys have really good handles. TO's shouldn't be a problem. HAVOC will still be in the face, only with bigger, longer, players in it.

What Bri has done is something that has never and likely will never be done again in our lifetimes (I can put the stats up that show just how much better he's been as a stealer over 4 years as anyone that has every played CBB-it's astoundng-no one, even Linehan who's about to lose his record even comes close). It will be terrible to lose him. Tre's a rock and a leader. They are big losses for sure and we'll have some pre-season losses while everyone gets on the same page. If we're not the A10 favorite again next year, I'll eat my hat.

We are going to be a very big team next year, and the 4/5 position is finally addressed. 6-5, 6-7 6-8 wings that can shoot the 3 or take you to the hoop. Scary stuff, and Burgess is our best on-ball defender with Tre's size. You won't see us giving O Boards in a big way next year.

The best thing about our team is it is young, big and very talented. The snowball will keep rolling. The HAVOC will keep flowing. 2 4 star classes will do that.

Oh, and Mel's back to rain 3's on everyone and a few "Melvins" to go with his 85% plus FT shooting.

Don't see any fall-off, especially with a team coached by Shaka.

Feel free to correct me if you disagree. Just use a couple of facts or decent arguments.

I will always fail to understand why fans of other teams seek validation for their team on an opposing school's message board.

I also don't understand the philosophy behind trolling message boards of which one doesn't belong. It takes an incredibly pathetic and insecure individual to do such a thing. It's one thing to talk trash in the midst of a reasonable discussion; it's quite another to dust off the old screen name once a year to make inflammatory posts on a slu message board. How much of a loser do you have to be to do that!

Anytime soon? How about next year? Are you forgetting that your losing Briante Weber? Who is the biggest component of havoc, leader in assists, leader in steals..etc. Or how about losing Treveon Graham? Leading scorer and rebounder? Next year they will still be good....but dont see them being "as" good as this year. I think someone is a little butt hurt from the past two seasons.

LOL. Shaka had his best recruting class come in this year. Next year's class is even better. The team will be even better. We'll have scorers just as good or better than Graham, and Graham is an awesome scorer. And we'll have a couple of true point guards, Weber isn't a true point guard. Don't expect to beat us anytime soon.

If you look through my post history, I have never "trolled" this board. My name is not Mudkat, nor Iquarles - so your first paragraph does not refer to me. Neither Mudkat or Iquarles are my "friends", so I am not bothered by your name calling. They both ARE trolls.

I resent that.

LOL. Shaka had his best recruting class come in this year. Next year's class is even better. The team will be even better. We'll have scorers just as good or better than Graham, and Graham is an awesome scorer. And we'll have a couple of true point guards, Weber isn't a true point guard. Don't expect to beat us anytime soon.

Never said they didnt have great recruits. Its one thing to have a veteran proven players vs untested and still adjusting freshman. All I'm saying is, its hard to guarantee a similar product (as this year) with "potential" and unproven talent. I hope VCU does stay strong (bodes well for the A10). Its just seems arrogant to imply that VCU wont miss a beat by losing guys like Weber and Graham. Not only that, but it remains to be seen if the other players will play without weber and graham. Just saying, cant count something as a lock for next year with so many intangibles.

Since VCU has joined the A-10 there have been two regular season conference championships awarded and two conference tourney championships that have been awarded... we have won 3 of the 4, while VCU hasn't won any. They have a lot of work to do to catch up. I just haven't been very impressed with Gimmick.

Since VCU has joined the A-10 there have been two regular season conference championships awarded and two conference tourney championships that have been awarded... we have won 3 of the 4, while VCU hasn't won any. They have a lot of work to do to catch up. I just haven't been very impressed with Gimmick.

"Gimmick" will win both this year, easily.

Anyway, looks like we may have 3 players out tomorrow. Doug Brooks is a definite, Graham and Guest are day to day. So even if your guys return from injury, still expect a blowout.

"Gimmick" will win both this year, easily.

Anyway, looks like we may have 3 players out tomorrow. Doug Brooks is a definite, Graham and Guest are day to day. Still expect a blowout.

Brooks? Who in the hell is that? Who cares? Guest? Are you kidding me? He sucks? We've lost Glaze for the season, and even he is a better player. I know you're here seeking validation, but sorry, just haven't been very impressed with Gimmick since they have joined the A-10. You gotta win three conference titles before you catch up. As soon as you run up against teams with decent guards, you have no answer. It will be rough this year for SLU, but as soon as our guards return with some experience next year, we'll carve you up just like our previous group of guards did.

Yeah, your previous group of guards really carved us up at the Stu last year.

No need to seek "validation", especially from the likes of SLU, just here for some fun discussion and/or trash talk. Brooks is the kid off the bench who has rained 3s and locked down opposing players the last 10 games. Too bad you won't see it up close tomorrow.

It's funny that you think good guards are only VCU's weakness. Hello?! Good guards are EVERY team's weakness! Good guards win championships when all is said and done. Duh. See UConn 2014. Time to let go of that tired argument.

You won the conference and advanced further in the A10 tournament last year?

I did not win anything. The Saint Louis University men's basketball team won the conference and went further in the only tournament that matters.