Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

McCall averaged 3 points per game in 10 minutes in the D League. Frankly its better than I thought he would do.

Willie Reed was named 1st team NBDL and All Defensive team as well. He has signed with the Santiago Metros in the Dominican Republic. Play doesn't start there till July.

Conklin is playing in the Puerto Rican league for 2nd place Santurce. Interesting that Ahearn, Harrellson, and Cotto have all suited up in the league this season. Conklin is averaging 13 and 6.

Kwamain Mitchell just ended his season in Poland. He averaged 19 points, 5 assists, and over 2 steals and was one of the best players in the league.

Cody Ellis has once again joined his minor league franchise the Stirling Senators in the Aussie State league. Ellis putting up gaudy numbers in the minors shooting nearly 70% and averaging 22/9.

Rob Loe contnues to start for Dramas KAO in the Greek Pro league. He's putting up 7 points and 5 boards a contest while shooting .510 from the field and 37% from 3.

Kevin Lisch is playing for CAI Zaragoza in the Spanish league and also for Eurocup. He gets 19 minutes off the bench and goes for 6 points a game.

Justin Love returned to Ukraine for just 2 games this past season. After 15 years of pro ball he may have hung it up.

Marque Perry signed to Steaua in the Romanian league for a playoff run. He is backing up at PG averaging 3 points and 3 assists.

Cory Remekun after getting bounced out of the greek league earlier this year caught on in the Bosnian league and is playing well. 7 points 8 boards and 2 blocks. He's 2nd in the league in rebounds and blocks.

Ian Vougioukas continues to play for Ratiopharm in Germany. He is a backup center and averages 11 points on 68% shooting while playing 16 minutes a game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize we probably think differently, but I have to imagine McCall and Reed would have a much better time in Europe. Making 50-100k seeing the world? Better than Iowa and 35k I would think

In my personal experience, most Americans have no interest in seeing the world. Going on vacation for a couple of weeks, sure. Having to adapt to a different culture over a prolonged stay? Not so much.

If a guy can make it to the NBA he'll have plenty of money to go on those two week vacations.

I don't know why more players don't go to Australia or New Zealand, countries similar to the US. Reed tried Israel, which is also similar to US and left after a week.

I don't know how guys like Perry go from one country to another year after year. That would seem daunting.

I realize we probably think differently, but I have to imagine McCall and Reed would have a much better time in Europe. Making 50-100k seeing the world? Better than Iowa and 35k I would think

Personally I would go abroad too I think. But the culture and language differences probably are super stressful for a lot of people. I couldn't imagine doing it more then a couple years though. Also way easier to get into the NBA from the nbdl which is a huge deal for a player like reed whose on the cusp and injuries can lead to a call up mid season

-these guys are getting paid to play basketball, I would keep doing that as long as I could and I was in a place that was seen as safe

-the internet is a way for them to maintain contacts at home as well as keep up with anything they want to keep up with while in a foreign land

-not the worst gig I can think of, they can get a "real job" later, if they need to

Per student sources:

Appearantly jordair Jett is back in town and was seen being arrested near campus. I have no idea why, or if he was actually taken away. All that sources said was that thy saw him get handcuffed. This was like last week I believe

Also, he was spotted last night outside a club near campus and he seems to be the opposite of mcbroom.... Appearantly he was yelling at some homeless guy over some 10 dollars.

Of course these two circumstances may be just anecdotal, but I always held Jett in much higher regard than this... Disappointing.

Per student sources:

Appearantly jordair Jett is back in town and was seen being arrested near campus. I have no idea why, or if he was actually taken away. All that sources said was that thy saw him get handcuffed. This was like last week I believe

Also, he was spotted last night outside a club near campus and he seems to be the opposite of mcbroom.... Appearantly he was yelling at some homeless guy over some 10 dollars.

Of course these two circumstances may be just anecdotal, but I always held Jett in much higher regard than this... Disappointing.

thanks for the gossip...I've been arrested and probably yelled at a homeless man while drunk...nothing to see here

I could tell you lots of stories about former Billikens, but I'm not a ******.

Lol. +1.

Not referring to any player in particular, but I always find it funny how fans assume the players on their favorite teams are great guys and can do nothing wrong. They're human just like you and I.

Not referring to any player in particular, but I always find it funny how fans assume the players on their favorite teams are great guys and can do nothing wrong. They're human just like you and I.

Why would anyone believe that those with the most athletic ability would also be great people or highly intelligent? On a smaller scale just think about the star jocks from your high school. These guys just happen to be blessed with athletic ability which for whatever reason is highly valued in our society and are often lacking in other areas. This does afford them a certain degree of celebrity and confidence to get away with bad behavior or just generally being a moron. SLU has been fortunate to have a number of players come thru their basketball program who were also quality individuals and students in addition to having basketball ability, but certainly not all of them. I don't think we want to go down the path of relaying stories about former players that are negative, lets save that for Humphrey's before and after the games.

You're a piece of ######

For updating on a former billiken?

I am legitimately surprised at the overall reaction to my post. There has been a dry spell of infer surrounding Jett, and I found it interesting that he chose to come back to his alma mater and get into shenanigans. The post was hardly value oriented…I was just retelling what occurred. I say "hardly" because I did say I was disappointed, because I'd much rather him be playing pro ball than hearing about him getting arrested.

Anyway, how is this any more gossip or being a piece of ###### than a grown ass men analyzing McBroom's twitter and talking about how much of a ****** bag he is?

i guess I apologize for offending people? Jordair didn't do anything to me…I actually don't know him or ay of the past or present players, as I'm sure most of you don't either.

So what is keeping willie from getting the call? He seems to have put up good numbers in the d and summer leagues for a few years now. Any nba fans on here have any insight?

Personality, work ethic. His style of play does not lend itself to being a role player. He's not an elite defender or rebounder and needs tons of touches to get any kind of offense. Backup centers and PFs need to be supreme rebounders and shot blockers to make a living. Willie is just slightly above average at the NBA level. There are 450 guys with NBA contracts. Willie may be one of the best 400 basketball players in the world but he just doesn't possess a skill set to get a contract in the league.

Also I put some time in at my other job today. Jordair Jett as of 5/8/15 has no pending charges or future court dates in the state of Missouri.

Personality, work ethic. His style of play does not lend itself to being a role player. He's not an elite defender or rebounder and needs tons of touches to get any kind of offense. Backup centers and PFs need to be supreme rebounders and shot blockers to make a living. Willie is just slightly above average at the NBA level. There are 450 guys with NBA contracts. Willie may be one of the best 400 basketball players in the world but he just doesn't possess a skill set to get a contract in the league.

Wonderful insight. Danny Green, for example, had a solid career at North Carolina. He couldn't create his own shot but he was a good defender and could hit open jump shots by the time he left college. There are better all around guards playing in Europe but those guys need to dominate the ball or get a lot of shots. Bench players don't usually get those privileges. You have to get in where you fit in.

On the reliability of the sources, they wouldn't have any reason to make something up about a former player and then tell someone who isn't a student.

Like I said in my original post... He was seen handcuffed but that's it. I don't know any other details, and don't know even if one can be handcuffed and then let go.

Take it with a grain of salt if you will, I was just passing on something I found to be interesting from what I consider reliable sources.

On the reliability of the sources, they wouldn't have any reason to make something up about a former player and then tell someone who isn't a student.

Like I said in my original post... He was seen handcuffed but that's it. I don't know any other details, and don't know even if one can be handcuffed and then let go.

Take it with a grain of salt if you will, I was just passing on something I found to be interesting from what I consider reliable sources.

When it comes to reliability of the sources...sadly a good portion of the SLU community is still uninformed enough to to think every black man they see is Jordair Jett.