Schedule: 2016-2017

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not goring to get reamed regardless of where we play as it stands today. In order to make a statement like this we need to see how we play in the first few games. If we play as badly as some are pretty sure we will, then yes we may get reamed. If we play better than some people are predicting we may not get reamed after all. As it stands now it is wait and see.

So, you're suggesting that instead of being reamed, we'll be gored? ;)

We are not goring to get reamed regardless of where we play as it stands today. In order to make a statement like this we need to see how we play in the first few games. If we play as badly as some are pretty sure we will, then yes we may get reamed. If we play better than some people are predicting we may not get reamed after all. As it stands now it is wait and see.

As Trent Dilfer once said "you can't lose games in the NFL and still win."

So, will our 16-17 team be better than our 15-16 team? Better than 11 wins? Which, by the way, was the same total for our 14-15 team under CrewSplatt. If you say yes, fine -- rationalize that for me.

We lost Yacoubou, Yarbrough, Jolly and Reynolds. We gained Welmer, Moore and Johnson. We lost CrewSplatt and gained Ford. We lost a negative attitude which we also supposedly lost the year before with McBroom and Glaze leaving. Our talent is weak and our bench is more shallow.

I think a repeat of last year will be the best to expect. But with a better eye to the future than what was just the recent past.

No one intended to suggest the Bills will get reamed; it's just that wgstl decided not to pulp his post for misspelling "remaining."

Man you sure are bitter since your idol JC was fired. You should drink more

I'm not the one claiming Barnes is better than any of our returnees, Agbeko, Bartley, Bishop, Crawford, Gillmann, Hines, Neufeld, Roby, and Welmer. That was your comment. Let's see how the season stats play out.

Barnes will have to average well into double figures in points say 12.0 ppg, shoot a minimum of 35% from the arc, with 50 to 75 assists. with an A/TO ratio better than +2.25. As a guard he still needs to grab around +75 boards. He will have to log around +800 minutes to get this accomplished.

Hey, I wish Mr. Barnes all the best at ISU. It after all is a school in HoosierLand. But to say he is better than any of our returning players without playing a minute of D1 ball is sophomoric.

Keep on hating. (I see you graduated to Capital Letters.)

Fingers crossed for Lonestar Tourney Cedar Park. That's a tad outside Austin. Box got a guest room for you. MoyToy has bunk beds.

Bonwich you'll want to go with me to sample the local fare, hitting Dai Due (one of bon appetit magazine's best new restaurants) tomorrow.

I'm not the one claiming Barnes is better than any of our returnees, Agbeko, Bartley, Bishop, Crawford, Gillmann, Hines, Neufeld, Roby, and Welmer. That was your comment. Let's see how the season stats play out.

Barnes will have to average well into double figures in points say 12.0 ppg, shoot a minimum of 35% from the arc, with 50 to 75 assists. with an A/TO ratio better than +2.25. As a guard he still needs to grab around +75 boards. He will have to log around +800 minutes to get this accomplished.

Hey, I wish Mr. Barnes all the best at ISU. It after all is a school in HoosierLand. But to say he is better than any of our returning players without playing a minute of D1 ball is sophomoric.

Keep on hating. (I see you graduated to Capital Letters.)

First never changed anything in regards to caps. If spell check is fixing so be it.

Second can't compare stats on individuals on two different teams. Indiana state haso a better roster and thus Barnes may not be asked/afforded the opportunity he would have had on this next year's billiken active roster.

You going over to JC house for memorial day BBQ? Tell him we said hi.

Fingers crossed for Lonestar Tourney Cedar Park. That's a tad outside Austin. Box got a guest room for you. MoyToy has bunk beds.

Bonwich you'll want to go with me to sample the local fare, hitting Dai Due (one of bon appetit magazine's best new restaurants) tomorrow.

I'm always up for restaurant adventures. And I'm already good for lodging -- my daughter lives in Killeen with her husband, who blows things up for a living.

I'll get the first round at Jester King.

Guys please believe that I too think our prospects for next season are less than wonderful. However we should give our new coach and our team the benefit of the doubt before we just cross them out and forget them for next season. All I am saying is that it is too early to talk about blowing up again next year, at least until the time comes when we see them play.

Ford is not Crews, the team is not what it was last year, and (hopefully) some of the injured players will be in better shape next season.Let's wait and see how they play before we continue harping on getting reamed, or schlonged, or gored, or whatever.

Unfortunately the odds are not good for the Bills to be playing in this one, as St. Bonaventure is already a confirmed team for this tournament. These exempt events typically do not include more than one team from a conference. An exception to this occurred during the recent realignment years when contracts for the larger ESPN run events had been signed years in advance.

Only tournaments with reaming spots:

Gulf coast showcase - Fort Meyers

Lone Star Showcase - Cedar Park, Texas

Corpus Christi coastal classic- Didnt we play this one already?

Rainbow Classic - Hawaii

Challenge in Music City - Nashville

You are correct on already playing in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic, as the Bills played in this during the 2014-2015 season. With the exception of some host schools (such as Hawaii in the Diamond Head Classic), teams are only allowed to participate in a specific event once every four years. As such, no Corpus Christi tournament this year.

How many times do i have to tell you, A_Bomb? They're not bunk beds, but a miniature loft with a futon.

I am not sure what next year will bring. Do I think we will be terrible - no. Do I think we will be better - maybe but by how much. Crews was suppose to be this great X and Os guy but I never saw it. Ford is suppose to be weak in that area - not sure he can do worse then what we saw from Crews. Did the players who stayed like playing for Crews - don't know but if I put myself in their place I might feel a bit more upbeat now. Does this translate into more victories - not necessarily but it can not hurt. I would not be surprised if we played 500 and I would not be surprised if we don't. I prefer to be optimistic and wait to see what the cake looks like when it comes out of the oven.

So far I am excited about the Bills prospect to be a good team. I think many on this board are rightly so sleeping on them. They will be a better team or at least a more exciting team to watch!

I am not sure what next year will bring. Do I think we will be terrible - no. Do I think we will be better - maybe but by how much. Crews was suppose to be this great X and Os guy but I never saw it. Ford is suppose to be weak in that area - not sure he can do worse then what we saw from Crews. Did the players who stayed like playing for Crews - don't know but if I put myself in their place I might feel a bit more upbeat now. Does this translate into more victories - not necessarily but it can not hurt. I would not be surprised if we played 500 and I would not be surprised if we don't. I prefer to be optimistic and wait to see what the cake looks like when it comes out of the oven.

I suggest we all get over the "Ford is an awful X and O coach." Who, other than MBMs from the OSU boards, have claimed that? I have never read any reputable BB minds stating that. I would think a guy who grew up as a coach's son would have quite a bit of knowledge about how to coach a game. We KNOW that Crews couldn't coach-didn't even have an inbounds play, but what do we really KNOW about Ford's coaching knowledge?

Let's cut this cr@p that he is a poor game coach, until we see it for ourselves , and I'm not suggesting that we will. I don't understand why some on this Board, whose BB knowledge is limited to watching the game from the stands, and having played a few years in our younger days, feel like they are in a position to judge his abilities before we even see him coach.

I suggest we all get over the "Ford is an awful X and O coach." Who, other than MBMs from the OSU boards, have claimed that? I have never read any reputable BB minds stating that. I would think a guy who grew up as a coach's son would have quite a bit of knowledge about how to coach a game. We KNOW that Crews couldn't coach-didn't even have an inbounds play, but what do we really KNOW about Ford's coaching knowledge?

Let's cut this cr@p that he is a poor game coach, until we see it for ourselves , and I'm not suggesting that we will. I don't understand why some on this Board, whose BB knowledge is limited to watching the game from the stands, and having played a few years in our younger days, feel like they are in a position to judge his abilities before we even see him coach.

Most of us have seen Ford coach at UMass. He was an awful in game coach. He has a national reputation as a poor xs and os man. That isn't from disgruntled fans it is from mostly media.

I know he will be better than Crews.