Summer Workout Video

Was J Johnson in the video? If not, does anyone know if he is in St. Louis?

No. His HS has graduation on the 26th, so he probably is busy with exams and senior week stuff leading up to that.

-one thing I like about today's video is how positive and upbeat the staff seems to be with the kids, I really like that

-I guess the ncaa rule changed on being able to practice in the off-season with more than four players at a time

Maybe they just felt sorry for us.

-this I would understand

Coaches get 2 hours a week over the summer with the players. But only for 8 weeks I believe.

-so during the season teams can play games at any time of the day or night and travel far and wide, a few teams miss a bunch of school during the tourney and can't spend all their time in study hall or on-line in class as they have to be in ncaa press conferences or participate in practices open to the public but during the summer when there are no games and no travel full teams get coaching for 2 hours a week for 8 weeks, this I don't understand

-the ncaa is a dinosaur but yet I hope it stays around as I am not sure we would be included in the upper tier when the breakup takes place, hypocrisy noted

-so during the season teams can play games at any time of the day or night and travel far and wide, a few teams miss a bunch of school during the tourney and can't spend all their time in study hall or on-line in class as they have to be in ncaa press conferences or participate in practices open to the public but during the summer when there are no games and no travel full teams get coaching for 2 hours a week for 8 weeks, this I don't understand

-the ncaa is a dinosaur but yet I hope it stays around as I am not sure we would be included in the upper tier when the breakup takes place, hypocrisy noted

Not defending the NCAA by any means, but I believe most student athletes (especially in revenue sports) take the minimum amount of hours to be a full time student during their in-season semester(s) and then make up for it by taking a ton of summer classes. Therefore, summer practices may actually be a bigger drag on academics than practices during the season.