Moore

Ford did not recruit Zeke Moore. Often new coaches come in and release these recruits to find a new school. Assume Ford is not doing this with Moore but given Crew's lack of recruiting success, and Moore's low recruiting profile, surprise this has not been discussed.

Ford did not recruit Zeke Moore. Often new coaches come in and release these recruits to find a new school. Assume Ford is not doing this with Moore but given Crew's lack of recruiting success, and Moore's low recruiting profile, surprise this has not been discussed.

Moore is from the same AAU program as Ramey, Watson and Gordon. I think Zeke's spot is safe for that reason alone. Plus, Zeke's shooting is elite level. None of Crew's other recruits had a single elite level skill.

Bartley led the A10 in 3P% as a freshman, in a year when Micah Mason was in the league. You really expect Moore to be a better shooter?

Moore is a good shooter from everywhere on the floor. Bartley is exclusively a 3 point shooter. Bartley is a career 36% shooter on 2 point shots.

Fair enough. But Bartley was at least connected to some BCS schools on here at one point (even Ford at OK State). If Moore is really the most "elite" shooter of the Crews recruits, it's weird that nobody else seemed interested.

I agree. To dismiss a young player just because he was associated with a former coach is pretty moronic.

Agree, but based on what we've witnessed from the Crews-Platt Agency we're still so shell shocked a strong dose of skepticism is more than justified. It's not dismissal. More like, show us before we stage a parade.

Agree, but based on what we've witnessed from the Crews-Platt Agency we're still so shell shocked a strong dose of skepticism is more than justified. It's not dismissal. More like, show us before we stage a parade.

The one thing about Moore is that he wanted to stay home for whatever the reason so his coming to SLU is not so much a Crews thing or not. The kid could be very good and other school coaches figured that out so they just moved on.

The one thing about Moore is that he wanted to stay home for whatever the reason so his coming to SLU is not so much a Crews thing or not. The kid could be very good and other school coaches figured that out so they just moved on.

I'm starting to think everybody who committed over the past three years did it in spite of Crews, not because of him.

As good a guess as any, I guess.

Makes sense. I have seen tons of blue chip talent get ignored by top flight programs because those guys just were homebodies... .What?!?

Look, everyone should give the guy a chance because no matter what Crewsplatt did in the past, they could have gotten lucky. An odds maker would say that they are due.

When I watched his video, I definitely had questions about how his size, speed, and style would fit the college game. Is he a 2 or a 2-3? Can he defend a guard? I felt like he had a lot of room for development.

Then again, I also wondered what we were going to do with a 6'5" power forward named Dwight Evans.

Moore fits Ford's preferred player profile.

Correct

Also, though I am in no way endorsing this, he may be the best raw ballhandler on the active roster next year. PG by default.

Moore seems like a decent recruit on paper, perhaps the best one Crews landed aside from Crawford.

I'm hoping Moore will be a guy who can eat minutes and provide a real scoring threat. Whether he is 30 minutes a game-level or not, that remains to be seen. Being recruited by Crews gives no one confidence, but Zeke has some statlines that should demand we at least keep an open mind. Let's see him play.

We don't know how much Ford will value defense his first year.

If he does than Moore will not make it on the court. He couldn't guard a chair.

If he scores enough his defense may be overlooked - I don't think that will happen but at this point until he is given a chance we just won't know.

If he scores enough his defense may be overlooked - I don't think that will happen but at this point until he is given a chance we just won't know.

I sure hpoe defense is a strength of ours under Ford. Which gets us to a larger question. Acter Ford gets his players here, what type of basketball will we see? Good D or not? Will we ever press? And fastbreak? And sorry, but when I hear individual, athletic 2s 3s and 4s with weak coaching I think of Quin Snyder

We don't know how much Ford will value defense his first year.

If he does than Moore will not make it on the court. He couldn't guard a chair.

The thing about defense is that it can be more impacted by coaching and effort than any other part of the game. There is a short ceiling to improving speed, quickness, hand-eye coordination (shooting), and explosiveness. The defensive ceiling is very high for every college player.

The thing about defense is that it can be more impacted by coaching and effort than any other part of the game. There is a short ceiling to improving speed, quickness, hand-eye coordination (shooting), and explosiveness. The defensive ceiling is very high for every college player.

+1 Having coaches that have never really demanded it because you were the best player could easily lead to any player giving less than maximum effort. I saw Tatum play numerous times and his defensive effort was horrible. His athleticism and length were obviously there but his effort to get down and move were not