Did Brett Jolly just say goodbye?

ARon

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never really understood the Jolly hate on this board. The bigs we had under RM were really never that good. I held out hope that a Conklin-esque transformation was waiting for all of our current bigs. Unlikely. But why hate em for it?

+1

+1

Hate is a strong word.

Okay, in this case it is not. Jolly was the WORST player to ever play on this team, and on top of that made absolutely disastrous brain-dead mistakes on a consistent basis.

Saying that RMs bigs were not good is some real revisionist sh#!. Manning was not useful, injured his whole career and not recruited over by the Crews/Platt clown show. RM frankly had little time to dev those guys. Conklin became an academic all american and the MVP of the NBL. Willie Reed made it to the NBA.

Even now you will apologize for Crews and Platt. Low energy!

Platt is with Bastion of Integrity Frank Haith right now.

Hate is a strong word.

Okay, in this case it is not. Jolly was the WORST player to ever play on this team, and on top of that made absolutely disastrous brain-dead mistakes on a consistent basis.

Saying that RMs bigs were not good is some real revisionist sh#!. Manning was not useful, injured his whole career and not recruited over by the Crews/Platt clown show. RM frankly had little time to dev those guys. Conklin became an academic all american and the MVP of the NBL. Willie Reed made it to the NBA.

Even now you will apologize for Crews and Platt. Low energy!

Platt is with Bastion of Integrity Frank Haith right now.

Jolly is the worst recruit since the Obi and Horace days. Agreed the thought about RM not having good bigs is strange. If WR were not a goofball off the court, we would have had a team with a frontline of WR, RL, CE, BC, DE & CR... on the same team!

I will miss Miles Reynolds. That dude, for his basketball flaws, was a winner. There were a couple games both years he was here that he won games. He was a PG and won the state title game with his play on a team with Paul White and Jahlil Okafor.

Milik was never a winner. He was a prolific scorer whose team made it past regionals (opening round in IL) once in his varsity career. And then they lost their next game.

Jolly was never a good basketball player at any level he played at and should have never been recruited.

I will miss Miles Reynolds. That dude, for his basketball flaws, was a winner. There were a couple games both years he was here that he won games. He was a PG and won the state title game with his play on a team with Paul White and Jahlil Okafor.

Milik was never a winner. He was a prolific scorer whose team made it past regionals (opening round in IL) once in his varsity career. And then they lost their next game.

Jolly was never a good basketball player at any level he played at and should have never been recruited.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Nice post

Jolly is the worst recruit since the Obi and Horace days. Agreed the thought about RM not having good bigs is strange. If WR were not a goofball off the court, we would have had a team with a frontline of WR, RL, CE, BC, DE & CR... on the same team!

Reed is a fool, maybe the biggest fool to ever wear the jersey. He was, however, a very good basketball player.

I just think the hate for Jolly was and is over the top. You all probably did some bratty things in college right?

People saying RM had mediocre or poor bigs is unforgivable. RM needs to be declared a saint by the church.

I just think the hate for Jolly was and is over the top. You all probably did some bratty things in college right?

Its divison 1 basketball. Its the atlantic 10. It ain't intramurals. He can go play intramurals, brotha.

I am not sure why anyone would hate any of the transfers, why would these transfers bring out that kind of passion? None of these guys committed a crime and as far as I know and did not treat anyone poorly. I never heard that any of the players were doing poorly with their education. I did not like the play of the transfers but I will not hate on any of these young people and I will wish all three the best and rewarding life.

I have zero inside information, but I wonder if Jolly's scholarship goes to Bess. He visited this weekend and I have yet to hear of him making or planning any other visits. If Ford really does like filling up his roster with combo guards, I would think he would qualify.

I'd take the worst qualities of Obi and Horace, put them into one player, and he'd still be a better recruit than Jolly.

How soon they forget... if you did that, you would a guy who managed to both eat and flunk his way out of school after one semester.

Take offense or not. Rip me personally if that will make you feel better. But I can honestly say that I was embarrassed to be a Billiken fan and a member of this Board with all of the "over the top" comments made against Brett Jolly. The immature, and flat out rude, comments came long before Jolly did anything good or bad on the court. Instead, the wash basin comments came long before he even announced he was coming to the Bills. After his Senior year and we did not sign him thinking he would go elsewhere, the negative comments came over and over on this Board. Then, some (but not all) may have felt bad after Jolly accepted a scholarship during his year of prep school. Some gave him a fresh start but most did not. Initially, he did some good things and appeared ahead of Gillmann especially on defense.and several wanted to take back their negative comments. Then, over time, the flaws in Jolly's game became obvious and apparent and the insults resumed heavily. Then, after he showed emotion on the floor at officials (at least he showed emotion as opposed to quitting like others did), the insults came fast and furious and his emotion was that of being a whiner and bad kid. Frustration for the bad season, bad coaching, bad players and the fall from being a Top 10 program to a Top 280 program seemed to fall upon Brett. For Jolly's sake, I am glad he gets a fresh start elsewhere.

Was Jolly worse than Manning? Worse than the 7 footer that RM ran off and went to Lindenwood? Worse than Bryce Husak? Worse than Justin Johnson? Worse than Sekue Barentine? Worse than Eric Jones? Worse than Travis Tadisak or Mike Ivester? Worse than Tyrone Caswell? Worse than Reddit Hudson or Dale Renkin? Please. We have had alot of bad players over the years. Some kids work out and others don't. But the blame belongs on Crews and Platt as opposed to Jolly. I can sure say that no received the wrath that Brett Jolly did.