Did Brett Jolly just say goodbye?

ARon

Some Majerus bigs: Willie Reed, Rob Loe, Cody Ellis-not too bad; Manning never developed;

One all-conference, one sixth man of the year, and one NBAer. Hell, throw in Cory Remekun too. Not sure what the mystery is as far as Jolly getting crap in comparison to any of those guys, even setting aside the temper tantrums.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is gone, it leads to an interesting question, what is the depth chart next year. Here is a take:

PG - Bishop, Hines

SG - Roby, Bartley, Moore

SF - Crawford, Roby

PF - Neufeld (?), Welmer

C - Agbeko, Gillman

Agbeko and Gillman could start next to each other, it is just hard to tell with him out all year.

I like the fact that we finally are seeing 8 guys separate from the rest. Attaboy Crews.

If he is gone, it leads to an interesting question, what is the depth chart next year. Here is a take:

PG - Bishop, Hines

SF - Crawford, Roby

PF - Neufeld (?), Welmer

C - Agbeko, Gillman

Agbeko and Gillman could start next to each other, it is just hard to tell with him out all year.

I like the fact that we finally are seeing 8 guys separate from the rest. Attaboy Crews.

If we can remember that it's NOT Bisho, Bartle, Agbek, Crawfor why can"t we remember that Gillman is actually GillmanN!

PG - Bishop, Hines

SF - Crawford, Roby

PF - Neufeld (?), Welmer

C - Agbeko, Gillman

I like Roby for his size but I really hope that it is Bartley that fills the SG role. He has upside in the form of a beautiful shot.

If we can remember that it's NOT Bisho, Bartle, Agbek, Crawfor why can"t we remember that Gillman is actually GillmanN!

Whew! Where to start?

Our brains don't work that way. "Bisho" doesn't make sense without the last letter, but "Gillman" does, even though, technically, it's missing the second "N." I agree people should try to spell the names correctly, but some people's brains don't process the spelling they see, when what they've "heard" in the brains has been wired. We can tell people that it's "should've" not "should of" until we turn blue in the face, but they'll never get it, because they're writing what their brains sound out instead of letters. We could also chide those who misspell Welmer's name "Wellmer," but it would be futile. Marque or "Marquee" (or even "Marquis"!). Cory or "Corey." I haven't seen anyone write "Robey" for Davell's name, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I think this issue and dealing with people correcting them was what led some here to start the Initials movement.

Whew! Where to start?

Our brains don't work that way. "Bisho" doesn't make sense without the last letter, but "Gillman" does, even though, technically, it's missing the second "N." I agree people should try to spell the names correctly, but some people's brains don't process the spelling they see, when what they've "heard" in the brains has been wired. We can tell people that it's "should've" not "should of" until we turn blue in the face, but they'll never get it, because they're writing what their brains sound out instead of letters. We could also chide those who misspell Welmer's name "Wellmer," but it would be futile. Marque or "Marquee" (or even "Marquis"!). Cory or "Corey." I haven't seen anyone write "Robey" for Davell's name, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I think this issue and dealing with people correcting them was what led some here to start the Initials movement.

Since this is now a lesson in grammar and spelling, here is a message to those who type in all lower case:

We are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Sincerely, Capital Letters.

Alright so Crews and Jolly are both gone. Those were the two most agreed upon topics on this board. I guess now we'll get back to arguments/discussion about more debatable topics.

First up: Why do we have to park 3 blocks away from the arena?

Since this is now a lesson in grammar and spelling, here is a message to those who type in all lower case:

We are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Sincerely, Capital Letters.

I don't have an Uncle Jack

So where are we on scholarships now? Do we not have an extra one?

For the moment there is a scholarship available.

Personally, I would like a third scholarship to be available for a member of the local Class of 2017; unless a can't-miss 2016 prospect or an impact transfer wants to come to SLU, I'd just as soon bank it for the c/o '17. Extend Aaron Hines for another year. As it is, there are only two players completing their eligibility in '17 and three in '18.

Also, it would be nice to (at some point) get back to having six or seven players as juniors and seniors.

Alright so Crews and Jolly are both gone. Those were the two most agreed upon topics on this board. I guess now we'll get back to arguments/discussion about more debatable topics.

First up: Why do we have to park 3 blocks away from the arena?

And who is going to help my uncle jack off?

Personally, I would like a third scholarship to be available for a member of the local Class of 2017; unless a can't-miss 2016 prospect or an impact transfer wants to come to SLU, I'd just as soon bank it for the c/o '17. Extend Aaron Hines for another year. As it is, there are only two players completing their eligibility in '17 and three in '18.

Also, it would be nice to (at some point) get back to having six or seven players as juniors and seniors.

Ya thats issue, honestly I think if we got a 5th year center now we could be competitive next season. But at the same time I think I can last 1 more season to prep for something special.

I agree with this. If there is a 5th year transfer that can help, fine, but we're not going to be any good next year regardless of who walks in that door and 2017 class will be very important for the program. Good players are also far more plentiful in the fall.

I agree, Hines can be useful for relief when Bishop needs a break or is in foul trouble. Unless their is a can't miss PG recruit out there for 2016 that can play better than Hines then hold on to the scholarship.