Welcome, Adonys Henriquez

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume so. Henriquez's commitment means that either Hines is going back to walk-on status, or we have another player transferring. Only way we'd also have room for Bess would be if both of those conditions were met.

Depending on the scheduling of the visits, I wonder if Henriquez visited first and felt the need to commit before Bess had the chance to do so.

We need to get about 1,000 bags of burning sh!t on Jolly's doorstop ASAP. I will not abide a stoppage of the party on Brett fuoking Jolly's part.

Hope TF arranges h/a series with Ok St so we can get him some sweet revenge. Ranking wise i don't think we ever had 2 guys join team rated this high as HS ers ever in same season. 36th best and another top 150. we'd be chugging the Crew's-aide if he had accomplished this.

OK, so it appears (and we have proof of this) that Ford is excellent in terms of public relations, and it also appears (and we also have proof of this) that he is excellent in terms of recruiting. Furthermore, his two assistant hires look like pretty good choices. So far the scorecard looks quite favorable for Ford if I may say so.

Yep. And the recruiting will not stop. These guys are animals when it comes to recruiting and we will be seeing an immediate upgrade in the quality of players coming in. This is going to be fun.

So what you're saying is, we're finally going to see guys that can dunk? How many dunks have been made in the Fetz the past 8 years? Less than 50?

wrestler_excited_gif.gif

Not to make light of her situation but her father is described as a motorcycle driver and so apparently they can't afford treatment for her. How exactly does one make a "career" out of driving a motorcycle?

More importantly, can she dunk?

Not to make light of her situation but her father is described as a motorcycle driver and so apparently they can't afford treatment for her. How exactly does one make a "career" out of driving a motorcycle?

More importantly, can she dunk?

Courier. Pretty common mode of moving stuff in countries like Bangladesh. The roads are so absurd that you literally cannot move a car through them.

OK, so it appears (and we have proof of this) that Ford is excellent in terms of public relations, and it also appears (and we also have proof of this) that he is excellent in terms of recruiting. Furthermore, his two assistant hires look like pretty good choices. So far the scorecard looks quite favorable for Ford if I may say so.

The proof is always in the pudding. I agree he looks as if he has made some good progress already but until we see them actually play as a team we won't know if what we think might be happening is happening at all. As far as the two ACs go, they both came from poor programs - I know that is not the only way to measure - so lets wait and see if they can produce overtime. I am still looking for an X and Os guy given that we know that is a weakness for Ford. He better find someone who can fill that bill and I don't mean a Bronson type but someone who really understands game day adjustments and game planning. I am more upbeat about Ford then I ever was about JC.

There's some good film on him from UCF, too - as fun as his HS mixtape is, that stuff might be more in line with what to expect to see.

I'm more excited for him than any other commitment so far. He has range, quick release on his shot, easy stroke even off the bounce, good finisher with either hand. Seems like a confident player. He should be fun to watch.

The best part about these transfers is that it establishes a good core of older players that recruits from the class of 2017 will be able to play with straight from the get go (Goodwin will definitely be more interested...)

Ford absolutely knows what he's doing in rebuilding this roster, and so far it looks like he's hit several home runs. We will need to see how these guys ultimately look as a team on the court, but in the A10 conference, it's hard to think these players won't be able to dominate lesser opponents.

I'm hoping he does land a good PG FR, which may be too much to hope for this late, or another transfer PG. Agree with Kshoe we'd like to also add a 5, but not as much as a solid PG.

Now if he can add 2 to 4 3 star types to the class of 2017, we might turn this around, not saying dancing, quicker than anyone had hoped for.

Out of the current roster, not including the SRs, I see a core of Roby, Bishop, Bartley, Wellmer and Neufeld, with the jury still out on the last two, but we can hope. Then both or at least one of the incoming FR, Moore and/or Johnson, prove themselves as A10 quality rookies. So that's 7 plus our two transfers joining in 17-18. That makes 9.

As for Gilman and Jolly, this upcoming season is their chance to salvage a career at SLU. If they both have not progressed, the coach would be left with no alternative but to wish them good luck. They'd basically be deadweight. They both should get ample chances to show their stuff this year, same for Neufeld and Wellmer, so judgement day is near.

If that happens, he could be looking to fill 4 scholies from the 17 class. Fill these with a 5, PG, PF, and a SG in the 3 star range, I don't think it's a stretch to say we'd be in the NIT by year 2 of the Travis Ford era. Granted, it would be nice to land Goodwin, but with all the attention he's been getting from the biggies that ship may have sailed. Also, he'd have smoothed out the classes, so we don't get jammed having to play all FR and SO's in any one season.

The best part about these transfers is that it establishes a good core of older players that recruits from the class of 2017 will be able to play with straight from the get go (Goodwin will definitely be more interested...)

Ford absolutely knows what he's doing in rebuilding this roster, and so far it looks like he's hit several home runs. We will need to see how these guys ultimately look as a team on the court, but in the A10 conference, it's hard to think these players won't be able to dominate lesser opponents.

Your first paragraph is important. '17 guys will hopefully see that they'll get to play with two guys who were real contributors in good conferences. Remember, they will hopefully be signing before this team sees the court, which means the sell is what matters most. Can Ford convince guys like Goodwin that they can be part of a quick transition back to NCAA level? These transfers didn't show up to be a mid-level A10 team. Henriquez and Foreman want to get to the tourney. That's why you leave bottom of the pack schools in big conferences for the A10. I actually do think that with some help from a great class of '17, those two guys can get there. Goodwin is a game changer. Get him, a PG, and a 5 - we could be dancing in year two of the Ford era.

I'm hoping he does land a good PG FR, which may be too much to hope for this late, or another transfer PG. Agree with Kshoe we'd like to also add a 5, but not as much as a solid PG.

Now if he can add 2 to 4 3 star types to the class of 2017, we might turn this around, not saying dancing, quicker than anyone had hoped for.

Out of the current roster, not including the SRs, I see a core of Roby, Bishop, Bartley, Wellmer and Neufeld, with the jury still out on the last two, but we can hope. Then both or at least one of the incoming FR, Moore and/or Johnson, prove themselves as A10 quality rookies. So that's 7 plus our two transfers joining in 17-18. That makes 9.

As for Gilman and Jolly, this upcoming season is their chance to salvage a career at SLU. If they both have not progressed, the coach would be left with no alternative but to wish them good luck. They'd basically be deadweight. They both should get ample chances to show their stuff this year, same for Neufeld and Wellmer, so judgement day is near.

If that happens, he could be looking to fill 4 scholies from the 17 class. Fill these with a 5, PG, PF, and a SG in the 3 star range, I don't think it's a stretch to say we'd be in the NIT by year 2 of the Travis Ford era. Granted, it would be nice to land Goodwin, but with all the attention he's been getting from the biggies that ship may have sailed. Also, he'd have smoothed out the classes, so we don't get jammed having to play all FR and SO's in any one season.

Aren't you being a bit hard - if they do not leave this year as "juniors to be" why would Ford want the rap of cutting seniors in their last year. No, if they are going to leave for whatever the reason it has to be now or else they will be here for their full 4 years. I guess we should be thankful that JC did not red shirt anybody except for injury.

Aren't you being a bit hard - if they do not leave this year as "juniors to be" why would Ford want the rap of cutting seniors in their last year. No, if they are going to leave for whatever the reason it has to be now or else they will be here for their full 4 years. I guess we should be thankful that JC did not red shirt anybody except for injury.

There's no crying in D1 hoops. Although, they could stay on as walkons.