Crawford

Crawford had surgery on Monday. Sounds like he overcompensated his foot injury and just needed some scar tissue and cartilage clean up on his leg. Should be out 6-8 weeks giving him ample time to prepare for next season (assuming Ford wants him back)

Crawford had surgery on Monday. Sounds like he overcompensated his foot injury and just needed some scar tissue and cartilage clean up on his leg. Should be out 6-8 weeks giving him ample time to prepare for next season (assuming Ford wants him back)

Crawford will be a senior and has the mentality and talent to play at this level. He will be back.

Ford certainly will want him, its the sophs who will be moving on if anyone.

Plantar fasciitis is nothing that is easily treated after it becomes a chronic condition. Unfortunately for MC, in order to play with his plantar fasciitis he overcompensated using his other leg and developed issues there as well. He had surgery today, I would not anticipate he will be "good as new" in 6-8 weeks, he will still have the plantar fasciitis to deal with plus the recovery from the "overcompensation" surgery. Not good.

I know Ford had multiple injuries plaguing his OKSU team last season, but the truth is that we had significant health issue problems last season as well: Crawford, Bartley, Welmer, Gillman. We were lucky that Reggie did not get injured last season, as he has done in the past

Plantar fasciitis is nothing that is easily treated after it becomes a chronic condition. Unfortunately for MC, in order to play with his plantar fasciitis he overcompensated using his other leg and developed issues there as well. He had surgery today, I would not anticipate he will be "good as new" in 6-8 weeks, he will still have the plantar fasciitis to deal with plus the recovery from the "overcompensation" surgery. Not good.

I know Ford had multiple injuries plaguing his OKSU team last season, but the truth is that we had significant health issue problems last season as well: Crawford, Bartley, Welmer, Gillman. We were lucky that Reggie did not get injured last season, as he has done in the past

Add Milik's concussion and Roby's thumb injury to your list.

• 1 month later...

He's still rehabbing his injury.

But it other news, he's going to be an all-american next year according to this guy (I think?)

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1174253

If Crawford is healthy and has a fantastic year, maybe he is an academic all-american? He seems to have the classroom chops for it, but I doubt his on the court performance will be good enough. For reference, SLU's academic all-americans have been Highmark, Lisch, and Conklin. He should certainly make the A-10 all-academic team.

Once the surgery is done why can you not fit him with an insert of some kind to lessen the pain from it?

Once the surgery is done why can you not fit him with an insert of some kind to lessen the pain from it?

I don't think he had surgery on his plantar fascia, it was on the injury he caused by compensating for his plantar fasciitis. I tore my plantar fascia in my left foot about 7 years ago, so i'm intimately familiar with this injury. I was in a boot for 6 weeks after the injury with therapy 3 days a week. The first day out of my boot, i was walking to my office and tore all the scar tissue that was supposed to provide an arch for my foot. It hasn't been right since then. If he just has plantar fasciitis, surgery will not help. The only true cure is to take time off and let it heal ( a month or two over the summer isn't enough). If he has actually torn his plantar fascia, then surgery could help. The recovery is long and painful, with no guarantee of success.

Inserts can help with the pain, i'm sure he's seen a podiatrist and had inserts made. That's usually step 1 in the process. Even with inserts, one bang of the heel on the floor, or too much pressure on your toes when jumping, running, or even walking can cause it to flair up again.,