Larry Brown

Billboy1

Not to disagree because I really don't know, but I think UNC is going to get hit hard. I believe this will include Roy. I think the NCAA has had a change of heart when academics are concerned.

-I would like to believe you but won't believe UNC or Roy gets whacked until I see it

Yeah they will lose a total of 8 scholarships over the next few years because a coach helped a player with grades. Not clear what help was given.

Wonder what role Jankovich had? Shows you how dangerous the "coach in waiting" tag can be. Rising star paid big to be AC now possibly tainted.

Maybe he can be had cheaply now be a team needing a coach.

With Bruce Pearl and Auburn (Under Armour school) now landing top flight recruits, you have to wonder how long until that ship sinks. It is rather surprising how coaches can be known as cheaters, get caught, get in trouble, be hired by another program, and continue to do the same things. I think Bruce Pearl may be one of the few coaches universally hated by his peers, yet he is still making $ and bringing in elite recruits. But the NCAA is more concerned with the eligibility of a foreigner who took a course as pass/fail or a coach buying a recruit breakfast after his father passed away.... The NCAA is such a joke.

I kind of question why other programs don't start throwing rival coaches under the bus who they know are cheating. It would seem like having shoe companies guiding kids to their schools would create an uneven playing field when the elite schools already have all of the advantages to begin with. Really sucks to be one of the programs that plays by the rules and knowing the NCAA is doing little to enforce the rules.

The UNC case is problematic because the allegations go back to the Dean Smith era. And Dean Smith's legacy must remain spotless 'less the basketball heavens come crashing down. The supposed purity of the Coach K era is a continuation of that mythology.

UNC is like UCLA used to be and Duke is now. It took an accidental breakage of a package full of money before the NCAA came down on Kentucky. Those schools bring in too much money for the NCAA to punish. If Oklahoma, SLU, UNLV and many other schools did what North Carolina did, they would already be on probation.

UNC is like UCLA used to be and Duke is now. It took an accidental breakage of a package full of money before the NCAA came down on Kentucky. Those schools bring in too much money for the NCAA to punish. If Oklahoma, SLU, UNLV and many other schools did what North Carolina did, they would already be on probation.

This is the truth.

We "Anybody but Carolina" fans, aka ABCers, who live in ACC country want the NCAA to drop the hammer on UNC-Cheater Hill. Unfortunately, it looks as though the Women's Basketball program will bear a near death penalty punishment while men's hoops will likely skate. Too much cash for the NCAA to turn away with a severe UNC men's hoop penalty. Since football already got a slap on the wrist, that's probably it for them. Clearly, the UNC scandal is the worst academic scandal in NCAA history. In fact, the NCAA is going to get so mad at Carolina for what they've done that they'll severely punish the UNC-Greensboro program with heavy scholarship losses and post-season bans. UNC-Charlotte had better be keeping their noses clean as well..

With Bruce Pearl and Auburn (Under Armour school) now landing top flight recruits, you have to wonder how long until that ship sinks. It is rather surprising how coaches can be known as cheaters, get caught, get in trouble, be hired by another program, and continue to do the same things. I think Bruce Pearl may be one of the few coaches universally hated by his peers, yet he is still making $ and bringing in elite recruits. But the NCAA is more concerned with the eligibility of a foreigner who took a course as pass/fail or a coach buying a recruit breakfast after his father passed away.... The NCAA is such a joke.

I kind of question why other programs don't start throwing rival coaches under the bus who they know are cheating. It would seem like having shoe companies guiding kids to their schools would create an uneven playing field when the elite schools already have all of the advantages to begin with. Really sucks to be one of the programs that plays by the rules and knowing the NCAA is doing little to enforce the rules.

1. Bruce Pearl has landed some good recruits at Auburn. 1 of those top recruits is the son of 2 AU grads.

2. He had a kid over at a BBQ when it wasn't allowed at TENN his biggest crime was the cover up. He readily admits that failure.

3. He's hated because he actually did what you advocate in your 2nd paragraph. While an assistant at Iowa he helped bust ILL. He recorded a conversation he had with a recruit that chose ILL over Iowa saying, ILL offered him an SUV.

I'm willing to give Pearl another shot. Guy is a hustler out there firing up the students and constantly working to raise the profile of the program.

2. He had a kid over at a BBQ when it wasn't allowed at TENN his biggest crime was the cover up. He readily admits that failure.

Kind of like Al Capone being charged with tax evasion. I remember the coaches talking about how shady he was (at the time he was coaching at Milwaukee) when I was at SLU and it wasn't because he had the guts to report another program's cheating.