Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

Zeke is a very very good shooter. Just needs to learn when to shoot.

The Robertson kid from e st louis and pickett from belleville east both better all around players than zeke.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeke is a very very good shooter. Just needs to learn when to shoot.

The Robertson kid from e st louis and pickett from belleville east both better all around players than zeke.

Kenny Roberson is a 2016 player- can't find much from a recruiting standpoint, though. Any word on what his plans are?

How does Zeke's line look today? Is he close to the 61% mark he's allegedly shooting from 3 this season? If his shot selection is truly that poor, I'd be shocked if he's really making more than 3 out of every 5 attempts from deep.

Kenny Roberson is a 2016 player- can't find much from a recruiting standpoint, though. Any word on what his plans are?

How does Zeke's line look today? Is he close to the 61% mark he's allegedly shooting from 3 this season? If his shot selection is truly that poor, I'd be shocked if he's really making more than 3 out of every 5 attempts from deep.

I'll post Zeke's line for you at the end of the game

The stats from this game will be legit. Thru 3 quarters he has 11 points (3-12 from the field/2-7 from 3/3-5 from the line) and 2 rebounds.

Maybe this is a bad matchup for him and his team and obviously he is having a bad game, so my commentary is likely off. I am surprised by his lack of athleticism and that he really is just a 3 point shooter with length. I was expecting more ability offensively whether it be a complete game or being more of a scorer with the ability to get to the rim and finish. Defensively he must be watching the SLU wings a lot, getting blown by any time he is guarding the ball, but maybe that is part of their zone defense; regardless he is a lazy defender who does a lot of watching.

The stats from this game will be legit. Thru 3 quarters he has 11 points (3-12 from the field/2-7 from 3/3-5 from the line) and 2 rebounds.

Maybe this is a bad matchup for him and his team and obviously he is having a bad game, so my commentary is likely off. I am surprised by his lack of athleticism and that he really is just a 3 point shooter with length. I was expecting more ability offensively whether it be a complete game or being more of a scorer with the ability to get to the rim and finish. Defensively he must be watching the SLU wings a lot, getting blown by any time he is guarding the ball, but maybe that is part of their zone defense; regardless he is a lazy defender who does a lot of watching.

awesome. maybe he can fuok a bunch of players' girlfriends, too (hopefully yarbrough's). can't wait to have more undisciplined players come in and play for our lazy, braindead coach.

awesome. maybe he can fuok a bunch of players' girlfriends, too (hopefully yarbrough's). can't wait to have more undisciplined players come in and play for our lazy, braindead coach.

At least he can shoot the 3 ball and has good length (can never have enough wings with length and limited athletic ability and skill)...

Sounds like a poor man's Pat McCaw, maybe?

Pickett ended up with 34 points and 10 rebounds, by the way. Not enough, as they lost to Bartley's alma mater (Decatur MacArthur), 67-55. Pickett has scored over 40 a few times already this season, as well.

Pickett ended up with 34 points and 10 rebounds, by the way. Not enough, as they lost to Bartley's alma mater (Decatur MacArthur), 67-55. Pickett has scored over 40 a few times already this season, as well.

That is what I was expecting, but I couldn't go there. McCaw was a hound defensively with his length and quickness and showed more aggressiveness as a scorer (Zeke doesn't have that combo guard ability either). I think I would need to think of a white shooter with length for a comparison.

Zeke is still hunting for his stats against the ESL scrubs (some criticize a few of our current players of doing just that). Actually finished with 24 points (8-20 from the field/2-8 from 3/6-9 from the line) and 4 rebounds, but a number of those points were late in the 4th quarter on uncontested layups at the rim.

Zeke scored I think 12 last quarter ended up I think with 22 or 24.

E st l pretty much had their way with them and most of their starters only played a few minutes in last quarter.

My understanding riverview best big is currently ineligible and had he played would have made a big difference.

Best Player In the game by far Kenny Robertson from e st louis had 34 from all over the floor and just plays extremely hard all the time. The kid was extremely impressive.

Zeke plays for a bad team in Riverview, Reminds me a lot look when Marcus Bartley played for Decatur MacArthur. After he made those 1st two 3pts, ESTL pretty much had a hand in in face the rest of the game. A few nice drives to the basket late in the game but that was it. Finished with 24pt - majority in mop up time.

Link to box score

http://classic.cusd.kahoks.org/a/cusd.kahoks.org/collinsville-holiday-classic/results-by-year/results-2015/game-3

Had you seen Zeke before? Did he just look unathletic because they were playing ESL? He was not what I expected at all, but I will take a pure shooter with length if that is what he can become. Just surprised that he did not show more game than that for a high-major wing.

If I was reaching for a poor's man comparison I would probably go with Kim English from Mizzou (kind of reminded me of former Tiger Glen Dandridge). A SLU comparison would be someone like Darren Clarke maybe. Or Marcus Bartley if he didn't play the point at all.

He was pretty much the same player I saw last year. I think he's an ok athlete. Not spectacular but good enough. He'd play for our billikens right now. Just needs to learn the game right not be as selfish. I don't care how bad his teamates are. Most of those shots and drives have no chance.

He needs to sit down and watch this lincoln team play that is about to start. Lincoln is about the most fundamentally sound and unselfish high school program I've ever seen. The way basketball is supposed to be played

Some criticism is fair, but you're encroaching on the line here, Jimbo. Dial it back.

Yep. You're right. Just not excited to have an undisciplined coach's son from a bad team come in and play for a coach that can't control his team already.

To be clear though, I'm excited about Zeke if Crews is gone and someone with an actual system replaces him.

Yep. You're right. Just not excited to have an undisciplined coach's son from a bad team come in and play for a coach that can't control his team already.

To be clear though, I'm excited about Zeke if Crews is gone and someone with an actual system replaces him.

If I was a betting man Crews is gone. If he is not then the school will see massive drops in financial support of the Athletics program or at least a targeted giving.

I would think that Zeke would stay committed even if Crews is fired. He still gets the hometown program without the crappy coach that way, and begins the rebuild as a freshman. Sort of a best-case scenario for him.

I didn't watch the game, but Zeke Moore had a much better showing this afternoon against Fort Zumwalt North scoring 31 points on 12-22 shooting (7-15 from 3) and grabbed 10 rebounds.

-hopefully his stats don't just shine against lesser teams and I am guessing FZN is that

E st l pretty much had their way with them and most of their starters only played a few minutes in last quarter.

My understanding riverview best big is currently ineligible and had he played would have made a big difference.

Best Player In the game by far Kenny Robertson from e st louis had 34 from all over the floor and just plays extremely hard all the time. The kid was extremely impressive.

In your opinion, how does he compare to Tarkus Ferguson & Brendan Gooch as a college prospect?

In your opinion, how does he compare to Tarkus Ferguson & Brendan Gooch as a college prospect?

Both ferguson and gooch would be more immediate help because of their multi facet skillset. Zeke is a good shooter. Imo that is his only great asset

Ferguson is almost as good of a shooter much better ball handler, passer and especially defender. Gooch is a very good defender and rebounder but he makes great decisions. Just a great glue guy that wins.