McBroom gone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pistol, on 19 Mar 2015 - 4:03 PM, said:

Who am I going to unfollow on Twitter and Instagram now?

Good riddance. He wasn't used to the best of his abilities here but he didn't fit. Period.

Why was he not a fit?

I think this hurts more than most assume. Of our 10 D1 wins, his late shooting won three one-possession games. Two more were six point wins where his shooting was key. He was also probably the biggest factor in our near miss against VCU. Without him, our offense gets even worse, so I certainly hope the spot is filled wisely.

Why was he not a fit?

Did you see any games this season?

Not a PG, undersized SG, didn't defend well enough to stay out of the doghouse.

Oh, and he had a reputation as a locker room cancer and the off-court rumors were unfavorable.

Did you see any games this season?

Not a PG, undersized SG, didn't defend well enough to stay out of the doghouse.

Oh, and he had a reputation as a locker room cancer and the off-court rumors were unfavorable.

This idea gets repeated around here a lot, but I didn't think his defense was a liability this year. It was worse last year when there were better guard options, and yet he managed to play a lot more. I certainly hope there were off-court issues, because otherwise it just doesn't make any sense how little he played down the stretch.

McBroom had flashes of absolute brilliancy in play but was not consistent. I am sorry he did not fit better in our team and that he was not as consistent ans we hoped him to be. Hope you have a great life and hope you can play your last year of eligibility somewhere that will be a better fit to you than we were. All the best to you AM..

This idea gets repeated around here a lot, but I didn't think his defense was a liability this year. It was worse last year when there were better guard options, and yet he managed to play a lot more. I certainly hope there were off-court issues, because otherwise it just doesn't make any sense how little he played down the stretch.

If he's only shooting in the mid-30s from 3, which he's done this year and last year in the conference season, then what else does he do that makes him so valuable? You're really overrating his ability.

If he's only shooting in the mid-30s from 3, which he's done this year and last year in the conference season, then what else does he do that makes him so valuable?

Handle VCU's press with zero turnovers, for one. And his .342 from 3 in conference play was still third on the team and well above the team average. All that's in spite of getting his playing time jerked around all throughout the conference season, which typically makes it tough for shooters to get a roll going. And I don't think you can discount his shooting against weaker competition during a time when we were struggling even against that weaker competition.

I'm not saying he was an all-conference candidate or anything, but I do think he helped more last year than many gave him credit for, and that having him going forward would've helped more than many are acting like now.