Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While it would be nice to get him, I think the main impact he would have on the program is if he can bring other high-level talent along with him. As far as Tatum himself, you have to figure he will be a one and done, having the same impact as Larry H had-one good year.

gotta land tatum. tatum or big east? id pick tatum

I don't know if you're kidding, but I can't agree with that. I want to get into the Big East. Tatum's not likely to sign with us anyway, and maybe not stick around if he does.

It would be a miracle if SLU even ended up in Tatum's Top 5.

I hope someone can come back here in 3 years to throw this post in my face, but I just don't see it happening.

Finishing 2nd or finishing 20th accomplishes the same thing: nothing. So I won't be throwing a party if we finish in the top 5.

I do think we have a chance at him. He's local, his dad played for us and has a good relationship with SLU, his god-father proved that going to SLU for one year can lead to very good results, etc. we are by no means a favorite but I certainly wouldn't say we have no shot.

It would be a miracle if SLU even ended up in Tatum's Top 5.

I hope someone can come back here in 3 years to throw this post in my face, but I just don't see it happening.

I'd be willing to bet about anything we will be in his final 5. We're going to have a legitimate shot, especially if we're in the Big East by then.

Finishing 2nd or finishing 20th accomplishes the same thing: nothing. So I won't be throwing a party if we finish in the top 5.

I do think we have a chance at him. He's local, his dad played for us and has a good relationship with SLU, his god-father proved that going to SLU for one year can lead to very good results, etc. we are by no means a favorite but I certainly wouldn't say we have no shot.

This. Good post

I'd be willing to bet about anything we will be in his final 5. We're going to have a legitimate shot, especially if we're in the Big East by then.

Please understand it wasn't meant to be disparaging to SLU. I'd just be shocked. Glad to hear that you feel differently.

Will Gladson (Chaminade, 2016) tore his ACL this summer. Big blow for my Red Devils, who would have had a sophomore front court of Gladson and Tyler Cook. Both 6-7, Gladson is the more comfortable of the two in his frame and projects as a PF; Cook is raw and expected to grow more, projecting as a C.

Tatum plays any position but brought up the ball a lot last season despite his height. Chaminade will also have a high-level 2017 recruit in Reggie Crawford, who has been on the national radar for a few years already.

Anyway, Gladson's ACL tear is a setback for sure. He'll likely miss the whole coming season but still have two full years.

Kansas offered the duo; I can't confirm an official offer for Gladson from SLU but they've been recruiting them together. Illinois, Purdue, and UNC have also been in contact (the two were behind Illinois' bench for the last Braggin' Rights game). The question is: with this injury, will other schools keep looking at them as a pair? Will Kansas and others back off Gladson, leaving SLU as the local team willing to recruit that whole class? I've heard SLU is also looking at Cook, making them the only one interested in all three as a package recruiting class at this point.

I think the big east and the proof that we can develop nba talent will be everything to tatum. If we haven't proven we can send players to the nba I don't know why he'd come here.

IMO most schools don't "develop" NBA talent. Most NBA talent happens to go to certain schools. If a player is talented enough (and by most accounts Tatum is), then they will be in the NBA regardless of where they go to school. See Hughes, Larry.

IMO most schools don't "develop" NBA talent. Most NBA talent happens to go to certain schools. If a player is talented enough (and by most accounts Tatum is), then they will be in the NBA regardless of where they go to school. See Hughes, Larry.

Agree. If you are top 10 player coming out of high school its just a matter of where you would feel comfortable waiting for your paychecks

I don't think the develop NBA talent matters much to a guy that will be in the top 10 of his HS class. A good majority of those guys could show up for a year at Colorado University Northglenn Technical and go pro the next year.

I do agree we need to put a few guys in the league the next few years to really create some momentum with recruiting. Every recruit wants to play in the league. Every single one. And they all think that it is a legitimate goal. We can level out the playing field a little bit on these 3 and 4 star guys when we have a track record of Xavier or Gonzaga with 4 or 5 guys in the league.

I don't think the develop NBA talent matters much to a guy that will be in the top 10 of his HS class. A good majority of those guys could show up for a year at Colorado University Northglenn Technical and go pro the next year.

I do agree we need to put a few guys in the league the next few years to really create some momentum with recruiting. Every recruit wants to play in the league. Every single one. And they all think that it is a legitimate goal. We can level out the playing field a little bit on these 3 and 4 star guys when we have a track record of Xavier or Gonzaga with 4 or 5 guys in the league.

Let's be honest here, nobody on our current roster is going to the NBA anytime soon.