Bills by 15 over TAMCC

The Wiz

I have put my thoughts on the last game and our season start in other posts....to summarize...great win , great start.

Just a couple of items to add

This is the 9th 2-0 start since 1996

And an unusual stat...The bench outscored the starters in points and rebounds. While I don't normally keep this stat this is the first time in a long time that I can remember that this has happened.

Now some good news ...bad news

First the good news....with another good win, we have crawled up from B+ to A-. While it is still very early, A- teams in my system generally make the Dance. So what does this mean at this point in the season....It means things look promising and we are very good team at this point.

Also, I am projecting a 7-0 start...very nice

The bad news...is the schedule weakens at this point (the next 5 games) . It will be difficult to improve our numbers going forward. during the next 5 games. But any weakness (such as not making the spread and the numbers will punish us ( losses or close wins) The Rockhurst game will not count at all in my system...so no upside only downside. Bottomline...we just need to keep winning.

On to the game ....

Not much to talk about here. TAMCC is a below average team (D+) So what does that mean...they are not a bad team ...they are below average and if we don't show up or are overconfident then they are good enough to beat us. We need to take care of business. Keep doing what we have been doing...building on what we have started.

I would use this game as well as the next 4 to work on playing as a team , learning each others moves, cutting down on mistakes, practicing FT shooting etc.

ISU was a great game but we have much more potential....we need to spend the next 5 games realizing that potential.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am driving up to STL this weekend and hope to go to the A&M game on Sunday. I am visiting a SLU student, and I know they usually get a +1 for free or like 5 bucks or something. Does anybody know if I can still count on this, or would my best bet be to just buy a ticket in advance? I know its not a big game, but people are excited this year.

What impresses me now is how this team looks on defense. It is scary to think where they will be at the end of the year. Loving the rotations, help defense, and cutoffs. I think we need to stop talking about what each player did not do game by because I think this team changes game by game so say a player like AM with 24 one night and like 5 the next is what we have to get used to. They will find a way to win in JC's system.

We most likely will be playing TCU right? TCU although very beatable had a nice win over washington state

TCU will get lost in the shuffle this year as they are a good team in a very good conference. The Big 12 is strong from top to bottom. Right now I have TCU as a B team (better than ISU) so we need these next few games to get even sharper.

I had a couple of more items I wanted to add.......

SIU's big margin win last night against Tenn St coupled with our crushing defeat of ISU has moved SIU up to B- in the same class with ISU. So we now have wins over 2 B- teams.

Also, I forgot to mention one of my favorite stats...one that I believe has been instrumental in our success for the last 3 years. ... 3pt % D

At the ISU game we held them to 20% from the arc (5 of 25) ...An outstanding effort ...similar to the hot streaks of the last 3 years....keep it rolling.

TCU will get lost in the shuffle this year as they are a good team in a very good conference. The Big 12 is strong from top to bottom. Right now I have TCU as a B team (better than ISU) so we need these next few games to get even sharper.

Wiz,

What's your rating for Miss State?

Miss State has not been very good since Stansbury retired.

I want to say MISS state is ranked like 15 spots ahead of TCU, which means a sweep in texas would give SLU 4 wins vs B ranked teams early in the season.

I am driving up to STL this weekend and hope to go to the A&M game on Sunday. I am visiting a SLU student, and I know they usually get a +1 for free or like 5 bucks or something. Does anybody know if I can still count on this, or would my best bet be to just buy a ticket in advance? I know its not a big game, but people are excited this year.

Call 314-977-4SLU or email [email protected] to check about a plus-one for student tickets. The whole student ticket system changed about 3 years ago

This game (TAMCC) may not be played this weekend. May be postponed until later. I should not have to explain why.

I was about to post something similar. I'm pessimistic about the reports and don't think anything will happen yet, but I heard SLU will be on lockdown if it does happen this weekend.

I was about to post something similar. I'm pessimistic about the reports and don't think anything will happen yet, but I heard SLU will be on lockdown if it does happen this weekend.

Hopefully a bunch of thugs cannot shut down all the planned events in a major metro area! Peaceful protesters are another thing-that's not what the police and NG are worried about. It's the criminals acting in the name of protesters.

Hopefully a bunch of thugs cannot shut down all the planned events in a major metro area! Peaceful protesters are another thing-that's not what the police and NG are worried about. It's the criminals acting in the name of protesters.

I agree. I hope the game is played. My concern is whether TAMCC will want to travel here. One performer who was scheduled to play at the "Fetz" has already postponed his show until next year.

I agree. I hope the game is played. My concern is whether TAMCC will want to travel here. One performer who was scheduled to play at the "Fetz" has already postponed his show until next year.

Heard a rumor that might have had more to do with disappointing ticket sales than the stated reason. Not sure how accurate that is.

I realize the grand jury process needs to play out, but they need to make this announcement soon just to get it over with. The longer they wait, the more tension they create.

Totally agree. This is the exact opposite of ripping a band-aid off and the tension just continue to grow every day they wait. Hopefully they announce Sunday evening which is the latest speculation (the previous 4 times/dates people speculated were wrong so I have my doubts).

Totally agree. This is the exact opposite of ripping a band-aid off and the tension just continue to grow every day they wait. Hopefully they announce Sunday evening which is the latest speculation (the previous 4 times/dates people speculated were wrong so I have my doubts).

Not during Survivor Series!!!

I'm hoping that the media has blown everything out of proportion and that there won't be serious protests or riots, but who knows what will happen.... agree that there are many chicken littles in STL....

I hope there are serious peaceful protests.

And I hope SLU plays the game