Favorite bills player

bbillhater

Charles Newberry, he is my all time favorite. What ever happened to him, they should have reunion of the old teams at the games, i think it would be neat to see the old bills of the 80's.

orlando Stewart had a great story on him, I was watching practiceone day and Stewart decided to get into a fight w/ a teammate. So he just sucker punched him and ran out of the gym. He never came back, no one knows what happened to him.

A Melvin Robinson story, watchimg practice again and Mel came into the gym late and Grawer yelled at him and asked where he had been, and he said coach I can't practice today my brain hurts...funny

By the way Melvin has a son at Gateway tech playing a frosh who is 6"11 SLU should keep an eye out for him

recent history: Justin Love - he used to light up the summer pro-am league in San Francisco. He was MVP one year when his team went undefeated.

ancient history: Tom Kieffer - as a Jr. Bill he led SLUH to a 28-0 Class L championship in 1958. He wasn't the same after getting beaned by a golf ball driven by Bevo Nordman and spending the whole summer in the hospital. He was very lucky he was not killed. Bevo was like 6' 10'' and 270lbs. I saw him throw the shot and discus prodigious distances in HS, but never saw him play golf. He was so huge he could probably putt farther than I could drive it.

Tom's OK and I recently heard he's still playing hoops in SL. Does anyone playing in an old guys leauge know for sure?

Can't name 1 ... Marque, Jeff Harris, Love, and H are probably my top 4. I loved watching Jeff Harris own the Thug

By the time their careers are over I may be adding Ian, Kevin, and Tommie to the list

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.