SIU...no big deal, they're potlickers

slu72

Didn't we basically slam the same team last year by around 13? What's to worry about? Yeah, they're good, but if we play some D, Ian gets forceful inside, and KL is on with his 3's....it's time to the pot lickers (that would be Southern for dogs) back in the cage. Get riled up, Bills fans. These guys don't even think of us as a rival...they're behaving just like Mizzery fans.

When the Tiger get some ba### and agree to play us in a regular home and home series and the MU fans -- who have been pleasantly quiet for the last year and a half-- do not act like jerks then you can ask for us to be nice to MU. there is a lot of historic bad blood going all the way back to Norm.

My friend, you are on the WRONG internet site for that. I am 100% a SLU fan, 90% an Illini fan and -100,000,000,000,000,000,000% a Mi$$ou fan (note the negative sign before the large percentage). In other words, I hate Mi$$ou. There are a few on this board who like Mi$$ou, like billikenroy, but most of us are NOT enamored with our brethern to the west.

(Sorry, Roy. Couldn't resist the joke.)

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

I hope they take us lightly again, sure. I'd like to see SIUC win a bunch after we punk them. I don't care how they view us, rivals or not. We are rivals for the same recruits. They will always be seen as a directional valley school despite striving to be more.....Having said that they have had an enviable run of success of late to the point we are struggling to catch up....

I think that may be the arrogance of some the SIU fans and I would be shocked if the players and coaches of SIU don't view this as a huge game and it is a game they will be getting up for. SIU has always seen SLU as the big brother, similar to SLU compared to Mizzou, and has relished in having the opportunity to take it to us. SIU has a lot of guys who have area connections and may feel like they were kind of overlooked by SLU, so I am certain they will be bringing it. SIU has kind of taken that next step, but I would be absolutely shocked if the team has the same attitude as some of their fans. If they do overlook us, they are going to receive a nice thumping.

Do people on this board think SIU is that good? I am not trying to bash the team, they have gotten it done, but I fail to see why they should beat us. The only thing I would give them is that they will be playing at home, but other than that I think we are better team and match-up well with them. I feel like Lisch, Liddell, and Polk are superior to Tatum, Young, and Mullins and they may have two nice power forwards, but neither of them should be able to handle Ian if he plays with passion and aggresiveness the whole time he is on the court. I just feel like if we can keep Shaw and Faulker from going off, we should win this game.

Big Brother? You are kidding, right? I know quite a few saluki alumni and I think this is wishful thinking on your part. Nary a mention of SLU until game day and then not much. They look past us. I think this is a bigger game for us than for them. They have much bigger fish to catch than SLU. Just take a look at the latest conference RPI. If you were SIU, who would you want to play?

1 ACC

2 Big XII

3 Pac 10

4 Missouri Valley

5 Big Ten

6 Mountain West

7 Conference USA

8 Big East

9 SEC

10 Western Athletic

It's a travel nightmare to get to Carbondale - that and the fact that you'll most likely leave with a "L" is enough to discourage most BCS programs from coming to the arena to play SIU. It's much easier to travel to St. Louis - and recently - to get a win - so if you were an ACC coach where would you be more likely to play? With all the advantages SLU has over SIU why haven't they built the same type of top 50 basketball program?

>A more pertinent question might be, when was the last time

>(if ever) that SLU beat a good ACC team?

>

>SLU needs to stay in the A10, where they might win that

>conference, they sure as hell could not compete in the MVC.

Where were these losers when we b!tch slapped them at Savvis last year? Nowhere to be found on this board. What cowards. Oh well. They live in Southern Illinois. That's punishment enough.