Women's Basketball: 1st place!!

bluecrewprez

The SLU women's basketball team beat Tennessee State tonight 96-59. They move to (3-0) and are currently #1 in the A10 (George Washington is (2-0)).

Granted, these teams haven't been the best, but there is something special brewing in the women's team right now. If you get a chance, I HIGHLY recommend checking them out ASAP!!!!

SHIMMY FOR PRESIDENT!!!

They have been playing great basketball. There was like 3 minutes in the second half where TSU couldnt get the ball past half court without a turnover because SLU was playing fantastic defense

The Tennesee fans were horrible they were complaining that shimme was pressing when we were up 30 but it wasnt her intention to run the score up it was practice for illinois and washington games where they will have to play hard for the whole game. I think all night they only hit 1 three.

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

I'm excited for Shimmy. But my hopes were tempered when I looked at the non-conference slate and their records from last year... last night's team was 0-27.

After combining all of the non-conference won-loss records from last season (I added in the possible opponents as well), I came up with a record of 199 wins and 262 losses for the opponents.

I hope the ladies continue to develop, but the schedule isn't exactly a world beater.

Oh, and a surprisingly nice crowd for the women last night too.

the fact is the freshman class that shimmy brought in is bigtime. it is an incredible difference.

now just think they are adding what might be the best athlete in the st louis area this year in lauren woods a 6'1" shooting guard with very long arms and speed galore plus the ortiz girl from chicago who is the best guard in chicago, shimmy is headed to ncaa elite 8's in a couple of years. slu needs to get out the checkbook and pay her. if they let her get away it will definitely speak volumes about our administration.