Positive Recruiting thoughts......

During the Rutgers/Louisville game last night I remembered that Brian Leonard was an All American and everyone was shocked that he chose Rutgers. When he came he said he wanted to turn the program around, and his freshman year they went 1-10. Now as a 5th year senior he has his team at 9-0. It is unbelievable that his coach was able to get him to buy into the thought of resurrecting the program. In my opinion it is an awesome job of recruiting. Ray rice ( the NCAA's 3rd leading rusher) came to Rutgers because he wanted to play with Brian Leonard and jump start the falling Rutgers football team.

So bottom line, all it takes is one recruit, that one special player to turn a team around. If Brad can get that one awesome player to buy into his system and take his team to the next level recruiting will become much easier. The star player will act as a recruitment tool.

I noticed that Shimmy had the number 38 recruiting class in the country and just recently signed the 60th best player in the class of 2007. As I was reading the article I noticed something really cool, the recruit committed after watching Theresa play in the State tournament game. She said something along the lines of, " I want to play with Theresa Lisch." That makes recruiting a whole hell of a lot easier in my opinion.

I'm still miffed at Shimmy passing on Gateway Tech's Mesha Williams twice. Mesha was underrated out of high school on the national level, but the hometown school should've offered. She qualified and got zero offers. Shimmy passed on her again after her two years at Mineral Area and now LSU is the beneficiary. She wanted to play for SLU too, especially with her former teammatte Evelyn Ruff on the team. Jaleesa Butler of Vashon also got passed on, I believe she's playing at Georgetown now.

So SLU is going to be better than LSU and Georgetown this year? If she doesnt land Shanika Butler, another Gateway Tech girl that has qualified; in her 2007 recruiting class there's a problem. 1 for 3 isnt good. I'm glad she got Ruff who I didnt think she'd get, but Butler was the star as a sophomore on the team that had Ruff as a senior. She's gotta land the versatile guard that averaged better than 20pts and 10 rebs last season. She's the best player in the area, not named Shakara Jones, and Jones is only more highly thought of because she is a big.

vtime, she already has the best point guard from chicago in ortiz, coming next year and she is getting maybe the highest potential player in the st louis area in 6'1" wing lauren woods from belleville east, shimmy likely only was chasing jones because she was simply the best girl in the area.

with lisch and paganelli both back next year as only sophs, i think the lady billikens are more than protected guardwise.

i'll definitely be tracking the SLU women's team's progress. Maybe you can track our girls too. Were full of junior college All-American's including the two transfers from Mineral Area Dionn Jackson (Mehlville) and Erica Anderson (Gateway Tech). We also have former SLU guard Laniya Stevens who averaged 20 ppg in the 2003-2004 and 18ppg in 2004-2005 for us before sitting out last year. We also have our leading scorer from last season back in Kinisha Pettis. We really are stacked this year. We also have Stevens Vashon running mate Briranda Griffin as well. Barring some freak injuries, this team will storm through the regular season and the conference tourney. Everyone is eligible on the girls team as well.

Shimmy had 3 freshmen lead the team in scoring last night, pulls in a high profile recruiting class in just her second year, from all accounts is about to land and even better '08 class and you come on here just to hate. Get a life partner. Your recruits you mention are quality NAIA players - I'll give you that.

Keep up the great work Shimmy and staff! Out here on the streets, the word about the Billiken women is on point. Don't let the ignorance of a very few, and I mean very few, cloud the excitement you are generating!

The recruits I mentioned for the girls landed at Georgetown and LSU respectively. She landed Ruff from the PHL and got Theresa Lisch. Thats great. It really is. If she doesnt get Shanika Butler I'll still be disappointed. The guard is the total package gives you 20 and 10 every night, and can play 1-4.

and we should listen to you why? You have made it pretty clear your assessment of men is about the worst I've ever seen. Are you better with the ladies?

You seem smarter when you don't post

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of Slu72's bid to join the Billiken Blue Kool Aid Club

V, don't try to hoodwink and bamboozle us. While the Butler kid is a decent player and I am sure a wonderful young lady, she does not posses the skills of Shimmy's freshmen or her '07 recruits. Let's see, Georgetown, the team that just lost to Towson last night, enough said. The kid at LSU had no shot at gaining admittance into SLU with the academic standards. Why is Ruff in street clothes? Noticed that down at Scottrade the other night.