greetings

Hi Billiken fans,

happy new year to everyone in billiken nation. the guys are playing pretty well right now, which is important going into the conference season. hopefully, we can keep it going because the league is going to be tough once again.

I don't get a chance to read the board as much as i would like, but when i do, i really enjoy the banter and the interest in billiken hoops.

what has really helped our league this year (and last for that matter) is finally our teams are stepping up and winning some big nonconference games. that hasn't been the case a few years back, but now, we're stepping up and beating some good teams, even on the road. in the past, we would get our heads handed to us. now, C-usa is winning their share and the billikens have contributed to the cause.

So far:

Charlotte- road wins at Syracuse and southern illinois (which broke a 31-game winning streak)

Louisville- road win at kentucky (No. 1 at the time) plus wins against No. 1 Florida and 10-2 seton hall.

Cincinnati- Beat undefeated Dayton by 30 and Clemson by 23

SLU- beat 10-1 dayton on the road by 11 and beat Kansas State.

Houston- beat 9-1 LSU

Memphis- Beat Missouri

Marquette- Beat Notre Dame by 16 and beat St. John's in the Garden

On the high school front, dwayne, tommie and luke are having tremendous senior seasons. dwayne looks like he did before his injury, tommie is shaking and baking all over the east side while luke has been the most pleasant surprise. He's really elevated his game. he's averaging 30 points a game and nobody has been able to hold him. i know all of the coaches are pleased. and for those of you who haven't seen kevin lisch play, billiken roy is not exaggerating one bit. he is worth the trip to belleville to see in person.

the only down note is not having brandon morris with this current group. he is having a great year in green bay.

anyway, i just wanted to send along greetings and hope to see everyone at the savvis center.

p.s. Reggie Bryant is pretty good, isn't he.

Earl ... thanks for your contribution ... if you read the board regularly then you know you opinion is highly valued and you are very well thought of ... unanimously I believe ... which is very rare.

Please take the time to post more often

fficial Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

the other day on The Press Box, Cusamano was talking about some kid who is awesome and clutch and just a dynamite player who isn't ranked that SLU is pursuing pretty hard. The story is his dad (a former NFL player) doesn't believe in AAU teams and such?

can anyone help? who is this?

We truly appreciate your work as an analyst and your dedication to Billiken basketball. I always enjoy your reports at the BIlliken club meetings.

It seems to me that our 3 recruits are playing about as well as we could hope and if you add the young Lisch to that group we could have a great outside game for years to come. If our big guys can continue to develop--I heard a coach on television say the other day that it takes 2 to 3 years to develop a big man into an effective low post defender and scorer--we may have somethign special. I love our coach!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments Earl. I'll add my voice to the rest in praise of your work on the Bills radio broadcasts. As you probably know, your partner Rammer is persona non grata among the faithful of this board. Early last year he uncorked his "worst Billikens team in 20 years" on KFNS. This year, he was an early voice arguing that the Billikens belonged in the MVC until someone (presumably someone from the athletic department at SLU) straightened him out. Then recently he states on KFNS: "the Bills are not even on the same planet as Mizzou". I don't care how much talent pretty Q has assembled in Boone County (this isn't a beauty contest), it's the outcome on the court that matters. Most fair-minded basketball observes would have to say that the Bills could hang with Mizzou at this point in the season.

This is not even the full indictment against Rammer (ask Roy, I think he keeps a diary on the subject). I really like his play-by-play and made an effort to defend the guy up until the "not on the same planet" comment. That sent me off the bandwagon and over to the shed for my spear. Rammer just can't get away with that garbage.

great to see you here earl. dont stay away long!

you are damn right reggie is pretty good! earl, where do you compare reggie with past billikens? i say he is even better than erwin and if was physically stronger, i would say he is almost justin. your thoughts?

dont forget that at dayton he apparently told the dayton broadcast team that most billiken fans would have rather seen the billikens join the mvc instead of the a-10.

I'll give you a big shout and also say welcome all the way from Palm Harbor, FL. Unfortunately, I don't listen to the Billikens broadcast because someone or some organization won't allow free access off the internet and for that reason I choose to boycott and pick up the out of town feed. It would be more enjoyable to hear you and the much maligned Ramsey do the games.

I would also enjoy seeing you post on a more frequent basis as your insides to what is happening are always very well appreciated on this message board. Happy New Year to You, and get us another 11-12 wins this season.

Great to see you on the board...Talked to you at the St Dominic Holiday Tournament...What do you think of the St. Dominic 6'6" freshman(Adam Kiel)?...Always respect your opinions and your comments on KMOX...Al Heiligenstein