Interesting Move by Sloan and Levick

Torch - I loved it. This probably puts all the rumors about how Sloan's leaving left him with a bad taste regarding Brad to rest. He never would have been hired by CL if Brad had objected. This is a good deal for him and CL - all schools and companies take on interns as cheap labor to help out but also to give the person some valuable experience. Was Sloan good at what he did as DOBO?

So you call me out for a legitimate post. Ask the players on the team or the other coaches or people in the athletic department how Chris Sloan was as the director of basketball operations. The position required far too much work than Sloan was prepared for. It is funny to know things and post them and see people call me an idiot. Sometimes being in the know doesn't make you real popular with other posters on the board, the truth isn't always pretty. Call me a bullshiter all you want, from this post I can tell who knows things and who doesn't; and it is no surprise Pistol backed me.

Sloan was a marketing major and wants to get his MBA; on paper, this makes sense. The DBO job didn't work out for him because he wasn't suited for that kind of job and vice-versa, but he might be better suited for the department position for now. He's a recognizable name and face for a lot of people, which helps make him a better choice than other people who might be interested in the job.

Good points. Sloan does not want to pursue a career as a basketball coach, but ultimately as an athletic director. He realizes he will need to further his education most likely to do this and I am assuming working for Cheryl will give him some financial benefit as far as covering some of the costs associated with the MBA program at SLU. He did not realize how much responisbility the director of basketball operations position holds and was not ready for it. It seems to be a glorified secretary position and that is not what he wanted or frankly what he is good at. Sloan is a people person and does better in front of the camera than he does behind the scenes. He will be a great asset as an intern, he will be getting paid very little and he has a very recognizable face to the St. Louis area. This also gives him the chance to develop contacts and learn what the position of athletic director entails and he will get to feel his way around without being thrown into the fire as he was as DBO. Sloan is a great guy and his rendition of "Sweet Caroline" is unmatched by anyone. I wish him luck in his new position.

Intersting responses. On one hand he sounds like he is disorganized and unreliable and then on the other hand he sounds like he will work well with people. The two are not mutually exclusive - in fact to be successful you have to do both in this world. I will watch with interest how he does for Cherly - not sure how his apparent disorganization will not come back to bite him in this new position.

Why would an employer reward one of its employees with a critical new assignment if that same employee (supposedly) failed at his previous low level assignment.

Levick's announcement stated that Sloan would participate in all aspects of administration,..... including contract negotiation,.... and the 2006 NCAA Men Soccer Final Four, which will be held on SLU's campus in early December. Sure sounds like the kind of responsibilty you would want to give a poor performer.....right on!!!

This board leads the A-10 in moron posters!

Sloan did several times forget to get busses for the players and were forced to sit at the airport. He is a very nice guy and is very friendly, but he has no business skills and doesn't know how to plan and work. Very often the DBO job requires you to work without much of a heads up and Sloan couldn't deal with it. The new job sounds like CL will hold his hand and walk him down the halls of West pine. Sloan just wasn't use to having to work or do anything on his own since the players have everything done for them except having someone go to class for them. It's good to see that Sloan is making the best of his free SLU education and isn't just living off of his last name......

maybe you just have a vendetta against him ... so you post stupid ######. Maybe he turned down your advances ... who knows why you would come here and suggest that he may have stolen money from the BB team.

You are what sucks about message boards. Maybe this should be forwarded to Chris.

Anyone who thinks that Cheryl would hire someone with the record that you guys say CS has is just being stupid ... CL has progressed up the ranks and runs SLU's AD because she is stupid. Is that it?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Yeah Skip, you know what goes on in the Athletic Department so you obviously know what is true and what isn't why other who do know point out to truth and you rip them apart. I know what happened and the post before me was also dead on, I have heard things from credible sources and know what the truth is. Maybe you should open you eyes and realize that SLU isn't 30-0 every year and that the coaches aren't perfect people as you claim they are. No one said that Sloan stole the money, but he did in fact lose it. The person in charge of the athletic department finance point blank told my friend that he lost it. There is no crime in pointing out the flaws of the program and i'm sure Sloan would laugh if you sent my post to him since it is the truth.

>Why would an employer reward one of its employees with a

>critical new assignment if that same employee (supposedly)

>failed at his previous low level assignment.

>

>Levick's announcement stated that Sloan would participate in

>all aspects of administration,..... including contract

>negotiation,.... and the 2006 NCAA Men Soccer Final Four,

>which will be held on SLU's campus in early December. Sure

>sounds like the kind of responsibilty you would want to give

>a poor performer.....right on!!!

>

>This board leads the A-10 in moron posters!

You seem to be the moron. Sloan was basically fired. Get your fact's straight!!