Mid- Major Conferences defined.....

>(slow summer night....60 days until Billikens first

>practice!)

>

>an interesting listing of mid-majors.....A-10 not included.

>

>http://www.midmajortop25.com/

SLU is as mid major as it gets. Member of the A-10, no on campus facilities (I know we are getting them), no football. If it looks like a mid major it must be. Nothing wrong with being one, it just seems silly to think we are anything but one. We are no where near the level of most Big 10, Big 12, ACC or Big East Teams. Won't incluse the PAC 10. They suck. Unfortunately the A-10 isn't even as good as the MVC.

what other fine monikers have you graced billikens.com with? surely you arent wasting your future cyber id on that post!

I'd be willing to bet that you meant to make your name "5C Gangsta," but you even screwed that up. But despite your inability to write beyond a sixth-grade level, you still claim to know more than the coaches and writers who put that together. Wow.

i disagree. if it was vtime, wouldnt gansta have mentioned at least one player from the phl in the post?

HUH????Since when is being in a gang racist, dude? Not sure where your from, but I see white, black, latino, jewish, what have you punks walking around the streets all the time trying to be "gangstas". They really just look like dumbasses. Your post was much more racist than mine, if that's truly the way you think. I know, I know...bring back the offseason board!

Come, come, now Mr. Ace. If you go for a handle including the term "Gangsta" You are pretty much opening the door to the "bus' a cap" jokes. Pretty much my favorite line from Pulp Fiction not involving the term "Hard, Pipe-hitting......" had to be Ving Rhames describing the action plan to his fellow employees to chastise Butch as "If Butch goes to Indo-China, I want a......waiting in a bowl of rice to bust a cap in his....."

PS I detest the racial epithets used in those lines and in hollywood in general. I'm curious to see if "Idlewild" can be done without them.

Rich, i understand the thrust of your point (and i think you are right for the most part), but...

hyperactivity and paranoid outlooks aren't reserved solely for the ACLU and the like...the conservative right has a pretty good case of and infecting the rest of us with paranoia (e.g. the war on terror).

I wanted to supplement your statement to ensure the board was "fair and balanced". :)

You've been posting on this board for years as a well respected poster. You used to be the Detective on Narks old board and I think you originally exposed T and T. But what's with this agenda of yours for the past six months? It's like your sole purpose on here is to annoy the mods with comments like your previous two posts and fight the fight for the offseason board. It's just a message board...and a basketball one at that. Can't we all just come here and discuss the team we all love. Being called a mid-major will piss off just about any fan...regardless of your status. It's a derogatory term coined by the big boys. The gangsta comment was directed toward a guy who obviously isn't much of a fan and was purely a joke. Lighten up, man...

Thank you for punting me back to the middle of the road. For every pinko, paranoid, whacko there is (at least) one Mccarthy or Nixon or worse.......

PS jost because all the islamo-fascists are out to get us doesn't mean we're paranoid.

PPS For Ace: Islamo-fascist is not a term to deride all Muslims. It is a VERY specific, VERY small group of religious extremists.