Shakara Jones

She was quick, godd passer and strong. IMO she could play at Tenn with out a problem maybe not start right away but would gt a lot of playing time off the bench, but I have a gut feeling she is going to SLU, Tenn is great but when it comes to STL people we all like to be close to our family, I think that is just the nature of people in STL/

like i said, i have to see that. if true, that would be great.

my guess is what jones might have over an also very athletic and strong teresa athletically, is offset by teresa's wont lose mindset, and general floor game. but if i am wrong and jones is the better BASKETBALL PLAYER, what a great pickup she would be.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

First of all, I'd like to see her play - where and when? 2nd, How do you rate Niele Ivey in the pantheon of SL women's basketball? She and a few other women would drop into the Brentwood Y to play pickup with the men. She could hold her own with her skills, but she was at a disadvantage sizewise with the banging that goes on in pickup. Having played with her and against her, I see her as a step below Theresa. It's been a long time since I've seen Fokl, but I'd have to say I'd choose Theresa first when picking sides.

It may have been a long time, but Kristin was a National Team invitee in both basketball and volleyball even before she started at Stanford. Would have been an Olympian in her choice if it wasn't for the knee injuries. I would pick Kristin first. Her St. Joe teams were undefeated in volleyball and basketball all four of her years there. They were not very good before she got there. The funny thing is she wanted to go to Cor Jesu and they did not accept her.

If you are Ms. Basketball in the state of Illinois, which is loaded with top talent, and take a Class A school to the Class AA state finals against all of the big-time schools, that's a mouthful. Word on the street was that lisch also put 34 points on the thompson girl from whitney young (who is going to oklahoma) in an aau spring game that was a big deal in chicago, especially since a girl downstate got the Ms. Basketball nod over a McDonald's All-American. those are some pretty strong credentials.

If the Jones girl is better than that. Wow!! It's good to see Shimmy in so deep with these caliber of players from the area.

bad boyz for life

i definitely will as i believe teresa to be the best high school girls guard from the st louis area in my lifetime thus far.

as p diddy said, if jones is better than that, wow.

to add to p diddy's comments about teresa at althoff, please remember that althoff only played one girl taller than teresa and she got hurt in the quarterfinals. althoff made it the rest of the way basically playing 5 guards. that was only successful because of the glue to the team, teresa lisch. it was an amazing run.

a number of reasons (that i wont go into on the board) but mainly because academics at belleville west are better school than althoff.

Teresa was in her last year and they decided not to move her, but daniel still had 3 years to go.

What a beautiful relationship it could be; one of the best metro-area players being coached by one of the best young coaches in the country. I hope Shakara realizes how much this city would take care of her if she stayed home and was a key member in putting the women's team at the top of the conference and in the NCAA's on a consistent basis!!!!

The decision is your's kid, but we like when our very best stay at home!! Regardless - you've done a great job to this point!

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

I think your spelling is wrong, but I'm not sure of the right way either. She also dropped by the Brentwood Y and played; she was much better than Niele at the same age - unbelievably quick.

Her dad was Ron Brown of the early to mid 70's? As I recall, he was Mizzou's center and (this is really stretching my memory) he played aganist the Bills in the old Arena in the 70-71 season. A game BTW we blew out Mizzou and from that loss Stewart refused to play us till the Grawer years when all we had was inspiration.