Lady Billikens basketball

VTIME

2 girls Shimmy needs to offer if she hasn't already.

Shameia Green- Normandy

Shanika Butler- Gateway Tech. Butler played with current Billiken Evelyn Ruff, but even then she was the better player. Shanika Butler is a guard who averages 20 pts and 10 rebounds. She's also an EXCELLENT student. I know both players personally. I know Green doesnt have an offer, and I'll check on Butler soon.

Stats for Green this past season 18pts 5 asts, 3 stls

Stats for Butler this past season 21 pts 10 rebs 3 asts 4stls

Another girl she should really offer is Jasmine Bailey of Normandy. She was an unknown until the brawl with Beaumont in 2004 led to ther varsity having to promote some JV players. By the end of her freshman season she was starting and this past season her sophomore year, she averaged 14pts 10 rebs, 4asts, 4stls.

Who cares, it's women's basketball. I have been to around 10 women's games a year for the past few years and let me tell you it sucks. SLU is not very good and none of the A-10 schools are very good. There were a few ranked last year, but a ranked women's team is about as good as Harris Stowe. Shimmy might be a good coach, but women's basketball is girls running around looking for that killer layup to send the 30 fans into a frenzy. My favorite moment was when the team rushed the court on senior night after a win and then singing the school fight song as they jumped up and down with the 10 Blue Crew members at the game. All this was to cap off a 7-20 season and 4-12 A-10 record. Another fun fact, SLU has lost to UM Rolla and UMSL to past two years. We are the joke of Missouri women's basketball.

All do respect V-Time, while the girls you mentioned are nice players, I don't think they are Adidas All-Americans and are being recruited by SEC and Big 12 schools. By looking at their roster, I'll bet Shimmy is strictly looking at post players now that she has the two '07 guards that are commited.

>Who cares, it's women's basketball. I have been to around 10

>women's games a year for the past few years and let me tell

>you it sucks. SLU is not very good and none of the A-10

>schools are very good. There were a few ranked last year,

>but a ranked women's team is about as good as Harris Stowe.

>Shimmy might be a good coach, but women's basketball is

>girls running around looking for that killer layup to send

>the 30 fans into a frenzy. My favorite moment was when the

>team rushed the court on senior night after a win and then

>singing the school fight song as they jumped up and down

>with the 10 Blue Crew members at the game. All this was to

>cap off a 7-20 season and 4-12 A-10 record. Another fun

>fact, SLU has lost to UM Rolla and UMSL to past two years.

>We are the joke of Missouri women's basketball.

Rushing the court at that game was awesome! I know there were only 10 of us, but we couldn't help it: they came by after being down like 12 in the last 2 minutes...something our men couldn't do. Without Shimmy, there's no way that win could have happened (or any of the 7 wins...they tripled their Ws from '04-'05 with Shimmy last season). I'm very excited about what is in store for the women's team next year. I can't wait to see them at Billiken Madness. It's going to be a VAST improvement from their BM 2005 performance.

The fact that we've signed "Miss Basketball Illinois"--or whatever Theresa's title was--after only winning less than 10 games (or so) in previous 3 seasons combined is amazing. If Shimmy wants those players, she will get them.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'm standing behind this prediction: THE WOMEN'S TEAM WILL FINISH IN THE TOP 4 IN THE A-10 NEXT SEASON.

Shanika Butler maybe 1b as far as top players in her Missouri class with Shakira Jones being 1a. Another player who deserves an offer is Yvonne Anderson. She is a top 100 guard who moved to Missouri when her father Mike Anderson changed jobs.

I think someone just mentioned that shimmy just got the 6'1" woods girl from belleville east. plus, getting kevin's sister was a HUGE get. She was Ms. Basketball in the state of Illinois in 2006 and she got it done against the best talent in the state. I'm not as familiar on the girls side, but getting lisch was big. I did read that they got a girl from chicago in the '07 class who is also ranked in the top 10 players in the state of illinois. If they can get the jones girl from howell central, that would be great, but Tennessee appears to be in the hunt. If pat summitt wants her, then the show's over. shimmy seems to be moving in the right direction. that new building should really help her.

from watching a few girls games last year, they look like they need some size. shimmy seems to be doing a good job getting talented guards and wing players. she needs a few post players who can play.

bad boyz for life

>It's tough to get anyone out of Normandy to come to SLU

>since so many are heading to the Ivy League.

One of Normandy's 2006 valedictorians is headed to SLU. The other two chose the engineering program at UM-Rolla. Normandy students handle their business.

I think there graduating class was around 180. We usually have at least 3 student finish with a 4.0. Usually at least one of those valedictorians doubles as an athlete. I hear Paul Eckerle from Borgia's state championship team will be his class' valedictorian and also scored a 32 on his ACT. Good for him.

It's the highest you can get at Normandy, so if more than one student has it we have multiple valedictorians. In my graduating class we had 3 valedictorians and 2 salutatorians. It made for a long graduation. I think the valedictorians had 3.95.

Don't compare Shimmy to Pizzotti, there is no comparison and it is totally unfair to Shimmy!

Someone who truly cares about the Billikens should want to see all athletic teams succeed as it makes the entire department look good. Doesn't mean you have to like that particular sport, but your bad-mouthing is disrespectful.

Continue supporting the boys and keep the trap shut if you do not have anything positive to say about other teams.

One of the great things about living in this country is our freedom of speech, which allows some people to show their ingnorance!