Tommie Liddell to Committ to SLU

Jalensdad2002

i sure hope you're right. i hope this isn't another brian gregory-type report. i think you've established yourself as a pretty credible source, so i will assume this is great news. i still haven't seen tommie play yet, but assuming he is eligible, this is the biggest recruit we've gotten since larry hughes. Jalensdad, since you seem to have the inside track, maybe you have some idea as to the chances this kid is eligible next season. even if he's not, i say we still offer - like marquette did with duane wade. he may just need some time to get his grades in order.

how about this lineup in a few years - polk, lisch, liddell, vouyoukas, and polk.

Oh my god, I am so excited right now. I already tried to call my dad to let him know, but no answer. Then I just had to tell someone, so I had Roy's number so I called him and let him know! OMG!!! Of coarse no one else has every heard of Liddell, but BOY OH BOY did that make my day.

Steve

Jalensdad, since you seem to have the inside

>track, maybe you have some idea as to the chances this kid

>is eligible next season.

From what I understand, Coach Soderberg and staff sat down during the

visit and pretty much explained to Liddell and family what was needed

to get Liddell qualified. He needs something like an 18 on the ACT and

to maintain a C-Average this upcoming school year. These requirements

should be well in Liddell's reach.

my son had a great day hitting and pitching for his high school team.

the tigers get their a$$es beat by a horrible kansas team proving that their start was nothing to get excited about. they suck.

and then steve calls me from d.c. to tell me the liddell news.

i hope i see k.l. tonite at the althoff football game. maybe he can commit a year early as well. hell a roll's a roll. might as well ride it out. ;-)

jwd, football or basketball or rugby, it doesnt matter. what i hate is the pr!ck fans that have been jerkoffs to the slu fandom for the last 20 years, so thus all tiger sports are hated.

after my family and my career, what else is there to care about more? billikens and college basketball and baseball are 3,4,5. nothing else seems to matter.

regardless of who else signs, this class now rivals both the hughes class and the claggett class imo. liddell is quite the plum imo.

>You take sports way too seriously. You may want to lynch

>torch BTW. He's a Mizzou football fan.

Ha Ha

If SLU had a football team I would hate the football tigers with the same fervor I hate the basketball tigers with. More than just the teams or the institution, I hate the fans of Mizzou. If Mizzou fans were not such azzholes I would be fairly ambiguous, maybe even positive towards the program, similar to the way I am with Illinois.

Also the Football HC doesn't go out of his way to make comments disparaging the SLU basketball program like Pretty Boy does.

And I am pretty torn in my rooting for the football Tigers. I did watch the game today as I always do and I wanted them to win, but as KU took the lead I began to want them to win because it would be such a terible loss for the Tigers and especially their fans. As I can see from perusing some Tiger football boards they are pretty pizzed over one loss, already calling for Pinkel's head. This just illustrates how ignorant the Mizzou fan really is and why I take delight in every miscue that Mizzou athletics experience.

Please be true....please be true!!!! I've wanted to see this guy in "SLU blue" ever since I heard about him. If we get Liddell, I think that will just open up the flood gates for years to come and we'll always have a solid chance at getting the best players "the Lou" has to offer. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think a player like Liddell can get us into the Top 25 someday and certainly to the tourney! Maybe I'm a bit too overly optimistic, but man am I excited!!! By the way, any chance that Liddell and Lisch are friends?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

I'm ecstatic about the possibility of Liddell commiting, and Jalensdad has always been right on in the past, so it feels good...and while I also enjoyed seeing Mizzou tank it, I can never call it a great day when the Cubbies qualify for the playoffs. That team has quickly become my Mizzou of pro baseball and the sooner the Braves can wipe that cockiness of Prior's face the better. Go Braves!

p.s. you would think they've already won the world series the way those people act. Guess what, there's seven other teams still around and none of them are named the Reds, Pirates or Brewers. The Cubs are in for a rude awakening.

p.p.s. The Cards collapse not withstanding, have you ever a team tank it more then the Astros did this past week? A week ago they had a two game lead in the loss column and they go and lose 6 of their last 8 games. What a joke.

astros starting staff imo rivals the cards. the cubs starting staff has the makings of another braves of the 90's starting staff. give the cubbies the astros bullpen and i would pick them to win it all. also, their bullpen rivals the cards pen if not worse.

btw, after rereading my above paragraph, i guess it isnt hard to decipher that the cards pitching sucks. i used the cards to point out that the astros weak starting staff is an achilles for houston and the cards to point out that the relief corps is the cubs achilles.

personally, if i was the cards, i would make sure i had puhols wrapped up long term, then keep albert, rollins, renteria, isringhausen, and morris and dump all the rest. my gosh, take a couple of seasons to regroup and develop a farm system and try again. look at what florida has accomplished. this close but no cigar is maddening.

This is great, great stuff...

an 18 on the ACT though....ugh....man i wish we could find some kids who can hoop and test in the high twenties...Going to school when Larry did I saw first hand how SLU doesn't compromise their academic integrity in their athletics program....I hope TL hits the books!!!

on a football note, if anyone is coming to Homecoming try to eavesdrop on a dinosaurs (old football team) conversation, those old guys have some great, great stories!!!!

on another football note, a UNEWS staffer has a great article about the potential for SLU football...his numbers are a little off, but the kid dares to dream