Memphis-Mizzou...

gister

Memphis looks to be very dangerous but they are playing sloppy. Calipari is just the older version of Quin both can recruit but they don't really coach. This announcing team is critical of the me first mentality and even bemoaning AAU basketball saying it is all about the individual. At least these two recognize that their isn't much team play in this game today. Contrast this broadcast with the SPUMAC v. ILL announcing it is night and day.

We have to play at Memphis, hopefully Soderberg will have found the winning combintations and have the team ready to play all games by that time. We need IV to be ready and do you think IO can match up with their 6'8 4 who plays like a 3? Hopefully we can kick off our 9 game winning streak at that point. The sched gets tough fro then on.

It physically pains me to watch this team play. I've never seen such a disorganized bunch of individual players. I hope Quin has his annual February/March turnaround...because at this point Mizzou is not a tourney team. I'm beginning to think that NCAA probation and a new coach wouldn't be the end of the world :o)

By the way, I think SLU is going to kill Memphis. Calipari is just as terrible of a bench coach as Quin is. Good luck!

Sure, Memphis is an extremely athletic team-but so was Arizona.

SLU needs to slow the pace of the game down, play good perimeter defense, and try to establish some post play on offense. If they do that, they'll be close throughout and have a strong chance of winning.

Whatever you do, don't try to run with them on offense or play sloppy defense...as clearly demonstrated today by the "fighting" missouri tigers,

a guard who can break down a defender off the dribble or get a consistent scoring presence in the paint they will continue to struggle on the road. They just do not have enough firepower to overcome the huge FT deficiencies that they're going to consistently see on the road.

By the way, I see SLU becoming a much better road team when Polk and Liddell arrive. Just be patient.

Hey, guys, I quite enjoyed this one. I watched with a group of people who all were Mizzou supporters. As the seconds ticked away I could gloat comfortably in the success of Conference USA and another SPUMAC loss. Now I can go back to being disgusted by Calipari! I'm in Milwaukee reading all about the Marquette and Wisconsin news. Thank the Lord for the internet. In mere moments I will be able to follow our Butler game online. This will be preferable to joining the in-laws' party in the next room!