Talk about censorship

MUTGR

Nick, the webmaster/dictator of Tigerboard, posted the following message:

"People are not capable of having ration discussions on this topic, so everything concerning the topic (or anything related to it) will be moved to the Smack board. Anyone suggesting that Missouri will be put on probation will get a one week suspension."

My god. I wonder if I can get in trouble in tigerland for thinking to myself that Missouri will be put on probation?

mu, i think i speak for everyone here when i invite you to visit here and express your thoughts about the tigers soon to be on probation anytime you want.

Nearly every substantive post I have ever made on the Tigerboard has been deleted within a day.

A permitted Tigerboard post must include one or more of the following:

Mizzou should be number one (but Vahe Gregorian is keeping them down)...KU is terrible (but Vahe Gregorian makes them look good)...Quin is the best coach and an honest man (but Vahe Gregorian is keeping him down)...Ricky Clemmons is a great guy who got a bad deal (it was Vahe Gregorian's fault)...The Post Distpach and KC Star have a conspiracy against Mizzou (and Vahe Gregorian is the leader)...SLU is meaningless and unimportant but Vahe Gregorian conspires in favor of SLU because he hates Mizzou ...it was Jessica Bunge's (and Vahe Gregorian's) fault that Jessica was beat up by Ricky...it was Vahe Gregorian's fault that Ricky Clemmons was at a party at the University Presidents home when he was supposed to be in jail...it was Vahe Gregorian's fault that Quin illegally recruited Conley...it is Vahe Gregorian's fault that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

i will thank mu when pretty q, harvey and odom resign, and missouri declares all the players that have benefitted illegally from recruiting infractions and academic fraud from being tigers. clemons is likely not the only the recipient. there has long been rumors of one of the star's never taking the ACT, we know conley was recruited illegally, i am still amazed that pulley was able to garner the needed credits to get back into school after bombing his first year at slu. the list seems endless. thus i will hold my thanks until true collegiate justice happens.

i have said numerous times that coach romar should have fired cameron dollar at u of wash. that said, i am not aware of any players on washington's roster that were obtained illegally via illegal contacts, or any players on the washington roster that didnt take the ACT test or have course credits fixed, or any players on the washington roster that were getting paid in cash, clothes and toys. when dollar's infractions were brought to light, coach romar immediately removed coach dollar from the recruiting arena and also gave up the university of washington effort to land josh heydelt (sp?) the player that cameron dollar committed the infractions with the illegal contacts. did pretty q take the tigers out of the running for paulding, johnson, clemons or conley once their infractions in recruiting all four were uncovered? no. thus i dont think coach romar is anywhere close to the level of cheating that pretty q and his staff are at. that said, missouri apparently did duck out of the richard mcbride sweepstakes when quin got caught cheating there. one out of five gestures of righteousness wont open the pearly gates imo.

Considering this topic is about censorship, should estiger's crass post be allowed to stand unedited? I'm tempted to change it, but I think it best to ask the members of the board.

My feeling is that Missouri's problems (possible impending probation) and the fact that tigers fans can hardly express themselves on TigerBoard has estiger understandably frustrated. He forgot himself for a moment; perhaps he should slide this time.

I don't see why Billikens fans should be in the middle of a Mizzou "civil" war.

I dont think Mutgr is sucking up. Maybe he is just realistic and a little embarressed due to Mizzou's obvious cheating

Maybe estiger should catch on and change his name to sssssssssstiger asi in ssssssssss the sound of the air leaving the tiger baloon

I can understand estiger's frustration. I am a Billiken fan who is very disappointed in what is happening at Mizzou as I want to see them be successful but these comments are uncalled for and unacceptable on this board. That drivel belongs on Tigerboard, not here. Rather than the rational discourse that should take place these comments are uncivilized.

Thicks-

I went ahead and editted it. I would block that word, but I think it is okay when used as a synonym of "complaining" but not in the way that it was used in the post.

Steve

Laptops...keeping me connected to the Billiken world

i am so glad that all the little billiken fans out there got to read this string. what a great opportunity. on one hand you have the rare but proper tiger fan who is geniunely concerned for his program and shocked that the tigerboard would rather hide the problems they are faced with. on the other hand you have the rude crude crass typical tiger fan who's actions demonstrate and justify all the hatred that non-tiger fans everywhere have for missouri and their typical fans. i am sure etiger's mother is very proud right now.

Query, why does estiger, such an ardent tiger fan he cannot tolerate even a little dissent, lurk on a billiken board? Is he really trying to out some of his tiger friends making anti-mizzou comments or does he secretly want to be a fan of a program that values honesty integrity, ethics and education over everything else?

according to what i read, if you post that you believe that missouri will be going on probation, you will receive a one week suspension from the board. so i dont think it is as free as you think pinky.

again (pinky) I really think it shows immaturity. Hopefully we are beyond that. If there is a one week probation for what you are saying, I must apologize, I wasn't aware of it. I don't go to Tigerboard that often to know all of the rules, as I am usually on Illiniboard.com. Sorry if I upset you.

I just registered as a new user and started a post as just wondering to find out if you could post about Clemens, the answer is no. After my second post suggesting nicely that they should fire Quin and hire a coach with integrity like Mizzou deserves.

Next thing you know my post was on the smack board

The entire situation makes me laugh out loud

i wasnt aware that "pinky" when you use pinkfloyd as your moniker, would be considered "name calling". i can think of worse.

suggesting nicely, "that they should fire Quin and hire a coach with integrity like Mizzou deserves" doesnt sound like smack to me. smack is boasting who's is bigger like statements.

btw pinky, "WTF" doesnt really ring out with maturity either.