Even if you hate MU...

MUFAN2000

It was an exciting game. I hope nobody is shocked by this loss though. For some reason, MU has only played 3 games so far. Maybe there weren't any crappy teams left to play early on. MU is definitely overrated and I don't think Quin is as good as a coach as everybody believes he is. I used to, but he doesn't impress me with the talent he has had and has on his teams. Gonzaga on the other hand is underrated at 17/18 and it's a crime they were not ranked in the top 10. I have a feeling MU will not be ranked in top 15 within a couple weeks. IF MU does have a good season, it will show some resiliency with all the crap going on down there.

My biased opinion: MU was screwed bad by the refs. They called at least 4 fouls on us during that .30sec 7 point swing to end the game. And then 3 MU players fouled out, but somehow Gonzaga's star player Turiaf played with his 4th foul for 10 minutes. Hmmmm? I guess you have to expect that playing in Seattle. I'm looking forward to a rematch in k.c. or stl with BigXII refs!

Otherwise, I'm very proud of the way MU played in the midst of "Crackergate". Quin had them focused and playing great ball. Reminded me alot of the Marquette game in the tourney. Major props to the Zags'-very deep and talented club. A rare loss that I actually enjoyed watching :o)

~

I was shocked. I thought we outplayed them for the most part, and then some sloppy play late (and a blown call on turiaf) doomed us. It was definitely not the officiating's fault (regardless of what tigerboard would lead you to believe with half the posts), but it was a bad game for the refs. Sloppy game for Mizzou, who had a chance to put it away up 7 late. I think we are overrated, but I think by the end of the year Mizzou will be a top notch team. It's just taking longer than everyone expected for all these athletes to grow up a little bit and live up to their expectations. Tough loss, but not the last.

You are kidding me. Those were two elite teams playing on the court. Both have dominant balanced teams that can score from anywhere on the court. Despite off games from AJ and McKinney, they gave Gonzaga all they can handle in a hostile atmosphere.

Even though Kleiza wore down in the second half, he's a magnificent player. I wonder if anyone noticed that Kleiza was helping to break the press with his ballhandling skill. Is there anything he can't do? Of all the Mizzou players, he's the only one who has a chance at the NBA lottery. This team is the most talented, deep team that Mizzou has ever had. Unbelieveably, even more talent will emerge next game with Jason Conley...

While I wonder if Quin's game management techniques are up to snuff, no one should question the skill of the Tigers.

I don't think anyone questions the skill or talent of the Tigers. They have a world of talent and skills and arguably in the top 3 in the nation in talent. So, that poses a question right there. If that is the case, Quin should take them pretty far. I guess we'll wait and see. It's funny how one MU poster on Tigerboard and many others followed and went nuts when Frank Cusamano said Brad was the best coach in the state of MO. Well, I think Brad has proved already that he gets the BEST from the players he has. Quin may prove that this year, but has yet to, IMO.