Georgia Tech Thread...

SluSignGuy

You'll have to excuse me and my negativity. Coach Hicks isn't a happy camper right now.

My team (well, I'm the assistant coach), the junior varsity, is 1-6. We are on a six-game losing streak. My feeling going into our first game was that we probably wouldn't win, because I didn't think our team had come together just yet, but then we won. Then, for each of the next six games, I felt like we should beat our opponent, and we've lost each time. Then our varsity, now 0-6, has also lost each day we've lost. Since it's my alma mater, I have double emotions invested, and it HURTS.

Terrance-

Do you guys ever play Kirkwood by chance just wondering...

Also I think it would be cool to see thicks in action on the side lines, you have any games that I could attend from the 17th to the 11th?

Kirkwood is not on our schedule, and it's not in our district.

There's really no way to "see me in action," as my role isn't as a bench coach. Often I have to keep the scorebook, which hampers my ability to do much "coaching." When I'm not keeping score, I'm usually sitting behind the bench. I may say some things to the coach or "encourage" the players after they come out of the game. I'm in a learning phase. I do more in practice than in games.

I may be the ultimate optimist, but I actually think we can win this one. Yes, I know we usually don't play too well on the road, but I think those days will be coming to an end soon. I like how Brad is molding this team and after seeing their effort against Arizona, I don't think we're gonna be a pushover for anyone no matter where we play!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I think you're a little too optimistic here. Stranger things have happened, but I don't see us pulling this one out. We'll give them a tough game I'm sure, but I have a hard time envisioning even a best-case scenario where we win this game. Of course I'll still be throwing my mini Billiken ball at the TV if we do lose on Saturday :-)

I finally was able to watch the whole wv game and except for the first five minutes, and last eight minutes they did not play badly. Reggie did not have a feel for the game until the end, but they pulled within two with ten minutes left......coming from behind....despite not getting any faovrable calls....in the first road game of the year....against a team that beat Maryland. Overall a loss but they put up a fight.

While I do not expect slu to win I do expect them not to fold and lose as badly as they lost to AZ on the road last year. Keep it close and anything can happen. We need a raod win before conference though!!

As for the mini basketball, I must thank Mr Davidnark, after a mini ball bounced around in the stands he ended up with a ball (a diving catch right dave, almost spilled a beer) and was generous enough to give it to my four year old daughter......Sophie went to bed with that ball that night!! And her sister wants one too now

thicks do you sport the spoon turtleneck on the sidelines or the coach brad suit and tie? what about your sideline antics? do you stand and lumber up and downt he sidelines or do you wooden it, by sitting back in your seat with your program rolled up. silently letting the boys play? last, how deep do you go rotationwise. romar all 12 or soderberg great 8? these are things we can help you with from afar. ;-)

It sounds like Nark is a little more generous than me. It's sort of a personal challenge for my roommate and me to collect as many of those balls for our apartment as possible. Luckily cute little kids don't usually sit in the student section, so I don't have to feel bad about going after them. So far I've caught 2 this year, and I have 5 or 6 total. I know my parents must be proud! ;-)

GT has a great team and has certainly put up some impressive wins this year. But, has any team really proven that it can't be beaten by any other team in the country this year? And after wins against UConn, Texas Tech, and Ohio State, the Jackets may be due for a let-down. Here's hoping the let-down comes this weekend.

As far as the Bills go, they can certainly play with anybody in the country. They just have to start making it happen on the road.

I never said we WOULD beat GA Tech, I said I thought we COULD beat them. I don't think that's being too overly optimistic either. It seems that anyone can be beat by anyone this year. There's no team that doesn't have some sort of weakness and I think we can/will stay in this game.

As far as the mini-basketball go, you (nor your roommate) will ever collect any many mini-basketballs and I did last year....5! And if I remember correctly, I was even nice enough to give one to your little sister! So, does that mean if I had a little sister, you wouldn't be nice enough to give her a mini-basketball? I see how you are!!! ;)

We hail Saint Louis U."

My sister can handle herself...she doesn't need handouts from people like you. You only got all those balls last year because the cheerleaders probably thought you were a cute little kid because of your diminutive stature. I won't be giving out any basketballs to anybody...this is a cut-throat game, baby!

You're mistaken my friend. The cheerleaders gave them to me because they found me irresistable, just like all women do! ;) It's not my fault they gave all their mini-basketballs to me, instead of the freakishly tall giant standing beside me. Jealous??!!

We hail Saint Louis U."