A 12-hour round trip in one day...

StlCardinal

...was all made worthwhile by Kevin Lisch's 3-pointer with 56 ticks left on the clock. The Xavier fans were getting really loud after a couple free throws cut the lead to 2 points, but you would have been able to hear a pin drop in the Cintas Center after Kevin drained that shot, were it not for the Blue Crew folks and me going crazy (I was the only person in my section that was making noise for the Billikens). I've never been so happy to get so many nasty looks from total strangers. I took a perverse pleasure in watching all the dejected looks on the people's faces as they filed out of the arena. I almost started to feel bad for them, but then I remembered how many times I've had to cope with a maddening loss from our Billikens. It's always nice when we can return the favor.

All things considered, I'd say it was worth the 12 hours in the car to see the exciting victory. Who needs sleep, anyway?

I saw you guys over there, but I was sitting directly across from you, also up in the rafters. I would have joined you but I didn't want to ditch the friends that I came with. It was kind of fun being the lone voice for the Billikens over on the side I was on. Luckily, I don’t think we were sitting amongst the most passionate Xavier fans, so I didn't have to worry about any confrontations (not that I was saying anything bad about them…just supporting our guys).

I know I don't need sleep!!! We got back at 3am and had class at 9am and I would do it again in an instant!

I don't know if anyone heard it, but with about 1 minute left on the clock, right after Kevin drained that 3, the Blue Crew in the rafters were chanting "WE ARE....ST LOUIS!" It was like our introduction to the Xavier fans, like we were saying, "You don't know WHAT you just got yourself into with St. Louis." It gave me a chill (coz I'm a complete loser).

We had a SLU grad of 1975 who came over to us and cheered and screamed with us for the last 2 minutes of the game. That was really cool.