RPI

slu72

We're at 139, middle of the pack in A-10. A-10 is ranked 7th just behind Big 12. MVC is ranked 5th????? Oakland is ranked 224. Our top ranked opponent to date UNC 38th. Hawaii 85th. UWM 71. Suprised at Hawaii's they beat MSU. Mizzery at 159 if you want some consolation. Zags ranked 37th. Too early to put much stock into this stuff. But Missouri State is #5.

Seems like nobody can figure out where to put SLU in the RPI. Multiple sites I've checked has SLU anywhere from the low 200's, to that 139 rating. 72, where'd you get that 139 from? What really matters I guess is the fact that our boys keep moving up. Last week I saw them hanging around from the mid-high 200's to the low 300's. Keep it up boys!!!

Yeah, that's what I did too. Well, you have Pomeroy's stuff (take it what it's worth), CBS Sportsline's, RPI Real Time, etc., etc., etc. Granted some of these sites might be better than others, like I said, our RPI seems on average to be around the mid 100's. Sagarin has us at 114 from the Jeff Sagarin site. I think our Bills are a lot better than we first thought, but I'm not going to jinx them either. Just keep up the good work!

I realize that it is too early to put any stock in the rpi ratings, but can anyone explain why SLU has such a poor SOS rank on all the sites. They have 3 teams in the top 25 on their schedule, and yet they have one of the worst SOS ranks on all the sites.

What am I missing?

slu72, i believe there is really only one true RPI. and that one is the one that the ncaa computer uses in march. it also is not open to the public. and except for those guys in the cigar stoked room, no one knows what it really says.

guys like pomeroy, or jerry palm or mike greenfield all have developed models of what they believe the rpi is programmed to be. most are apparently real close as they get right the final picked teams A LOT.

i used to really like palm's site the best, but he got greedy and charges now. currently i go to mike greenfields site at

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3

i use that one because of the ease of clicking around for different info and it is free.

i concur with rich. that is what i always was led to believe.

couple that with siu whom we thought would be an rpi booster is currently one of the bottom 100 teams in the country as is eastern and jackson state, we havent beaten anyone according to rpi.

Rich is right, the SOS only accounts for teams you have already played.

I think they tweaked it a little, but the SOS used to account for so much that a loss to a top 25 RPI team was better than beating a team with RPI worse than 200.

Per the RPI many times it is better to play a good team and lose than to play a really bad team and win. Unfortunately many of the teams we've played so far this year don't have as strong a W-L percentage as they might have by the end of the year. The three teams we've beaten are a combined 4-13, hence the poor RPI.

The sight I look at is Ken Pomeroy's and he has us at 167.

Its still way to early to get any meaningful information out of it but so far the MVC is having an outstanding year and unless something changes before conference season you can expect the Valley to finish above the A-10 in RPI.