Random thoughts

bauman

I was certainly too negative on Ian last year, but he still needs to concentrate on holding the ball tighter. Given his overall improvement that shouldn't be too much for him work on. You gotta give him credit for working hard to get in much better shape. (Broy, I think you inspired him)

When did BS, or one of his assistants, tell D. Brown that he was our goto guy?

When are we going to eliminate the blatant charging fouls? Some calls have been questionable, but too often we have been out of control. We are not good enough to turn the ball over that way 3-4 times a game. (DB, KL and AD)

Who would you rather be a fan of, a team whose coach can't coach and who lost at Davidson by 9 or a team whose coach always has his team well-prepared and who lost at UNC by a misleading 12 pts? We aren't the only ones who would pick the latter. If you listen to the call-in shows and read certain Message Boards fans of State U. would pick the same team as Billikens.Com members.

Why is it that we have trouble spelling our recruits last names? Last year it was TL's last name, this year it's Dustin's. It's Liddell and Maguire. We owe them the common courtesy of spelling their names correctly. I know it's a message board, but let's assume they read it, and the least we can do is know how to spell their names.

Whatever AD did to improve his 3 pt shot let's hope he continues to do it and while he's at it can he help DP regain his outside shot?

It seems that Brad's chat with JJ was very effective. Should DB be next on the couch?

It was nice to see JJ concentrating on eliminating the careless passes.

With as well as AD is shooting, defending and leading this young team, I feel bad asking for one more thing, BUT Anthony can you please eliminate the couple of times each game you play out of control-usually while under the basket.

Since Roy W. scheduled this series so TH could play in his home area what happens if Tyler decides to go pro next year?

bauman, welcome aboard the IV bandwagon....you are the last man to jump on!

I don't think most people realized just how young IV was when he entered SLU. IV was born on 05-31-85 (per the media guide) which meant he was less than 90 days past his 17th birthday when he began working out at West Pine. It would interesting to see the age of the other top junior centers in the country. Ian's young body is just catching up with his skills. His best basketball is certainly ahead of him.

DB should be on the bench and I would be surprised if he is not against Oakland. The UNC series - signed contract they can not get out of it unless we agree - I guess they could make it worth our while with enough money but my guess is Brad wants the game for prestige and so no amount of money would change that. The charges are also driving me nuts - there absolutely no reason for blantant charges all you have to do is THINK about what you are doing.

... are purely in the mind of the mouth sucking on the whistle. You cannot tell me that Ian charged Hansborough ... not when even Len Elmore calls it a "flop" and admonishes the ref that called it. Then, TL is standing there for more than enough plant time and he gets a blocking foul. I can't say for sure homerism exists, but one has to believe that with 21,999 fans screaming for baby blue (sans SLU 72) it has to help with those kind of "interpretation" type calls.

Another reason for a home court, in my rather humble opinion.

As I said, some calls have been questionable, but many are very clearly Billikens out of control near the basket. I know we're young, but these guys have played a lot of basketball and even younger players know what a charging foul is and that you'll get very few called against you if you are playing under control. Hey this isn't the biggest deal in the world just a "Random thought".

charges are generally a sign of agressiveness and taking it to the hole. I wouldn't want the team pulling up for a jumpshot everytime a defender gets in their way for fear of charging, especially the way we typically shoot. Additionally, more often than not drawing contact on offense will go against the defense. We just need to find some impartial refs.

That being said, Danny Brown has been pretty obvious in his charges and I'm sure leads the team in that department. He could certainly improve in that aspect.

There was barely contact ... certainly not anywhere near enough to knock Tyler down ... if you call it that way then blow the whistle every time down the floor because the contact on that call was minnimum.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

well if u notice this team does alot of standing around, so to help AD with this question you pose about going to the basket out of control, he goes to the basket hard, teammates should be cutting to the basket -but they are not, they think AD is going to throw up a shot, like the rest of this team so often does when going to the hole.

the billikens have a great team, they are definetly a tournament bound team, but they have to play a more team oriented style like the rest of the really talented teams. North Carolina, with all of that talent has set plays and is constantly making the extra pass.

extra pass =equals great team basketball,

extra pass= equals better shots,

great team basketball and better shots= equals NCAAs no questions asked.

BILLIKENS HAVE THE TOOLS IN THE TOOL BOX, its time to stop making excuses and play ball, these guys are young but prep school and years and years of playing basketball, forget whos a freshman, whos a sophmore, whos a junior and senior, basketball is basketball, play team ball, set screens for each other instead of running by each other and make that extra pass, believe me you guys will win lots of games the rest of the season.

GO TO THE NCAAs, WIN THE CONFERENCE, BE A TEAM, REMEMBER THESE TIMES AS GOOD ONES, WHEN LOOK BACK YOU'LL REMEMEBER THE CHAMPIONSHIPS AND NOT THE POINTS PER GAME.

I have the game Tivo'd and have watched the play 10 times, He didn't drop his shoulder ... he bumped him full body, and the bump wasn't hard. After that I intentionally watched Tyler ... he did at least the same numerous times before and after ... Ian also initiated more contact than that numerous times ... the difference was ... no one flopped. Yes there was contact, but no more than every other time down the floor, and his shoulder wasn't even close to being lowered. Tyler flopped, if you have it taped watch it again.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman