Something that I noticed last night

crymdg2

For the first time this year I think we really saw Tommie show a lot of emotion out there. We have heard the comparisons to Tracy McGrady as far as his swagger goes as his play looks effortless and almost lackadaisical at times. But a number of times especially on those shots he made and got fouled you really saw him get fired up. Not that a player has to show emotion because there are plenty of good players that don't necessarily show it, but it was refreshing to see how hard he was playing and how much he wanted to show the world his skill on the national spotlight. That blocked shot on that three had everyone I was watching the game with going absolutely insane! How in the world that one shot he made was not counted with the foul by that one ref is completely beyond me. And then that spin move the guy from north carolina made on JJ who got called for a blocking call then took 3 steps and then shot and they counted was straight up ridiculous. Overall I think Tommie is really starting to come around and it looks like he is now making an effort to take the ball to the hole and finish. I am so excited about the future of this team! Lets keep the morale up and keep the effort high on Saturday again Oakland guys! I definatly think we gained some respect and definately did not embarrass ourselves. Great time to be a billiken fan even with the loss.

I was screaming at the TV saying the same thing Rich! This aint the NBA! My wife looked at me like I was crazy. But North Carolina got extra steps all night. But even with all the breaks that went against the bills, they never stopped fighting and continually came back until the end!

Great effort...the future certainly is bright!

While I agree with you about the "continuation" play by NC, and the fact that the announcers failed to even mention how bad the call was even after a replay, we also got a 2 point gift on a steps situation at the end of the first half when Ian took about 3-4 steps going to the basket. Maybe in Greece they don't have to worry about dribbling.

All in all a great team effort (with a few exceptions) that shows promise for the rest of the year. By the way, if AD is going to be our best/main shooter from beyond the arc and DM is no better than he showed in the Shootout, then Brad needs to recruit another shooter for next year.