Slaten compliments Maguire

SLURadioBoy

I'm sitting here at my computer and listening to KFNS on the net before I head off to work and Kevin Slaten just announced that he got word from Maguire's dad that Dustin is definitely signing with SLU tomorrow. He then stated that if you like watching shooters, you'll love Maguire. He said he's very impressed with him and he's one of the best shooters he's seen...along with Lisch. SLU is getting a very goos player in his opinion.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I too was listening over the internet and about fell off my chair when I heard Slaten have anything positive to say about SLU!

While he still makes no comment about coach soderberg, he is a least acknowledging that SLU is making inroads in local recruiting!

His opinion means nothing. Slaten probably thinks his son should be in the pros. He rants everyday about how pro sports has overlooked the white athlete. Any white guy who can shoot, Slaten thinks is god. The guy has no credibility at all. If Cusamon or Earl Austin praised this kid I'd tend to believe them. But Slaten, no way.

Billiphan - calm down and learn how to accept a compliment for the program. One of the most difficult things for people to learn is how to gracifully accept compliments even from those they do not like. I appreciate any positive thing Slaten says because I know they are far and few between. I do think is hate for Quinn and Weber will be a boon for us.

Point taken but Billiphan is absolutely right. The way he's gushed over Blake Ahearn, Chris Kellerman and now Dustin Maguire the past year but hasn't given any props to any black players from the StL -- it's kinda weird. Cartez Parker, who plays in the same district that Troy played in, can shoot the ball AND play the other parts of the game as well.

I listen to KFNS probably 2-3 hours a day whether it is at work or in the car. When listening to the afternoon drive show(mostly b/c there is nothing better to listen to) with Bob and Kevin, you can obviously tell that they agree on NOTHING. Period. Every time Slaten says something, Bob just shys away from commenting and lets the issue die. Anyway, that being said, an enemy of Slaten is a friend of mine.

i doubt ramsey being his partner matters. however signing the corporate deal with slu does. even slaten understands who or what pays the bills and writes the checks.

I distinctly remember being at a hs game in which his son was playing, I was sitting across the court and Earl was sitting in the row in front of Slaten.

Before the ball was tipped Slaten was going nuts.

Play begins, he gets worse, the ref, the other team, the coach of his son's team, his son's team mates, all getting it.

(Yes, I can see and hear this across the floor)

Half time, he seems a bit calmer.

Second half, midway through the 3rd quarter, he is screaming about something and a guy, probably about 50 yrs old and sitting a section toward center court and down about 4 rows, gets up and yells something back at Slaten.

Slaten loses whatever he had left.

His face goes completely scarlet and he starts climbing toward the guy. I think he would have inflicted serious harm.

He has to climb over Earl to get to the guy, and Earl grabs him and he can't go.

Not long after this, the Rockwood district restricted bans him from attending any events in the district.

This being said, he is familiar with at least Earl, maybe friends.

Although I would like Earl's assessment of the situation between the two of them I wouldn't lower myself to ask that.

Slaten is something else, what I am not sure.