Message for Cheeseman

victor

vic, various people at slu have told various groups different things. just today we have heard people all say they have been told by different people at slu 1. no offices 2. yes offices 3. offices only for the basketball coaches.

if high ranking athletic dept folks and coaches tell us something we arent supposed to believe that? i guess we instead should track down alberichi project managers and see the plans for ourselves? one thing is for sure, the fact we are even discussing this matter proves that saint louis university has failed in communicating what exactly we are donating money for.

Cheryl indicated that the office in the arena thing is an off/on thing from time to time. Coach really rolled his eyes when this came up, so clearly this was an issue that had been discussed 'in strongly worded discussions' before.

I can only hope that common sense will overtake those in high places and do the right thing. If it isn't done right, it shouldn't be done at all.

mhg

Victor - I will continue to think that until the final design is finished, the last word I heard from Cherly is still what is on the table - she said on the radio/TV - BB offices were in but her offices were not. Can things change sure but instead of running around saying anything different is counter productive.

I have been involved with several large commercial real estate projects. The cost of several thousand square feet of office space is nominal when compared to the overall construction costs of a massive structure like an arena. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THE OFFICE SPACE NOT BE INCLUDED?

Now it makes even less sense. You mean we would invest more money into West Pine rather than build brand new offices as part of the new arena?

Biondi must be reserving the extra space in the arena for some really, really, really tacky modern art.