Tommie vs Kevin

Not one to judge, nor do I think we should. Each has their strengths. However, if what you say is true, than from everything that's been said about TL on this board and elsewhere, if KL brings equal, albeit different, skills to the party...we're in pretty good shape for the future. Rather than this discussion, I'd like to know what people are thinking about DB and DP's development over the summer. I still think DB is going to be a major player in making this a successful team.

I have seen Tommie play a few times and have only seen Lisch play once, but I think Tommie will make more of an immediate impact. He is a year older, has the prep school experience under his belt, and Lisch has the health issue to deal with.

Nate, I couldn't agree with you more. I hate to see us getting into counter-productive arguments about which of OUR two really exciting recruits is the best. No good can come from that. Let's just hope the A-10 All-Conference selectors have to make this comparison.

actually because kevin's basketball iq (not the right word, but i dont know what else to call it. i am trying to say plays bradball now) is higher than tommie's, i actually think that kevin might make the quicker impact. but as much as i love kevin lisch, in the end, if tommie puts in the time and effort to learn to play bradball as well, i dont think there is a doubt that liddell will be the bigger impact player.

>actually because kevin's basketball iq (not the right word,

>but i dont know what else to call it. i am trying to say

>plays bradball now) is higher than tommie's, i actually

>think that kevin might make the quicker impact. but as much

>as i love kevin lisch, in the end, if tommie puts in the

>time and effort to learn to play bradball as well, i dont

>think there is a doubt that liddell will be the bigger

>impact player.

There seems to be this perception that Liddell is a poor to adequate defender. Nothing could be further from the truth. Granted Liddell didn't really get to show his skills playing at East Side due to Coach Brooks decision to play exclusively zone defense, but Tommie made an impact. He was excellent shot blocker as a junior averaging over 2bpg. He was so intimidating that by his senior year he shot blocking fell to just over 1bpg. Guys were passing up open shot for fear of having their shots rejected. He played the passing lanes often turning half-court steals into monster dunks. As I often say no one was better than Tommie from going to defense to offense. In addition his year at Hargrave really improved his defense as Hargrave played man-man. Tommie was often tasked with chasing smaller point guards around in practice as well as game situations.

As far as who is going to have the greater impact I would think Tommie due to his highly developed playmaking skills. Tommie standing over 6'6 inches will affect that stat sheet in many different categories. He will help on the boards, on the full court press at the point of attack, and as a help defender. I think a lot of people are expecting the high school Liddell, I'm of the opinion that Tommie will surprise a lot of people with his aggressive play from day 1.

I think rather a silly debate. Maybe the time of year has something to do with this as not much else happening hoop wise.

It it like asking what do like better-steak or ice cream, two great items but different, give me both and we are fortunate to have both.

There will be games where one is more effective than the other, no doubt, everyone has off days and realize they will both be playing their first year of D1 ball.

The result should be that they BOTH bring their individual talents to the table to make SLU a better TEAM.