Womens basketball

I have hear rumblings down at West Pine that they are close to hiring a new coach. They want a female for the position is what Ihave been told, so it could come as early as next week. I don't know why you have to have a woman just because it a women's sport, but I guess when you have to women running the show what do you expect.

Also Mia Johnson, Kerry Rapp, and Heather King are transferring. SO that leaves them with a big hole to fill with only 9 players left.

I would love for my daughter to got to SLU. She will be a senior next year and is one of the best players in the area! I have a son that will be going to SLU next fall too. SLU sends my daughter letters all the time, but I will not let my daughter play at SLU unless they hire a male coach. From dealing with Pizzotti, glad that she is gone, I do not see why SLU would hire a woman. My other daughter who is playing at Indian State, wanted to go to SLU to play, but Pizzotti did not seem interested or something, she was one weird lady. What the SLU womens program needs is a male coach who is looking to stay for a while to build the program. I have dealt with 2 of her assistant coaches they are great and to me it would make sense for Levick to hire one of those assts. People will say why hire one of those guys they are from Pizzottis staff, but unless you ever talked with the players on the team or the coaches, Pizzotti was a control freak, she did not let anyone do anything, she was always right. The reason they got Mia Johnson was because of the 2 male assistant coaches. Guess what , now she is leaving. Again I would love for my daughter to play for SLU, but untill thye hire a male coach I will not let her play for a woman. They have a enough women running the show down their. Maybe LEVICK reads this board, because she willl not return my phone calls or emails

D1 school in a major metro area and no emphasis on girls basketball? I have lived in St Louis for 10 years and have seen zero improvement, no luck in recruiting local talent, and the list goes on. Now let's add the ultimate insult - none of the players in my ex-academy have ever expressed an interest in SLU, and these are St Louis girls! Most players here don't even give SLU a second thought.

The male vs. female coach issue? Who cares? If a Pat Summit were to come here, everyone would send in their basketball resumes. If a Gino were to come you'd get the same results. So I just hope they get the best coach available, male or female.

As to a female coaching a men's team, I believe Pat Summit would Git Er Done! It just hasn't happened yet, but someday a woman will coach a men's team.

i would guess some kid is having fun pretending. Rusty and Kathy would not come to any message board to discuss their kids and editorialize about coaches.