Any women's coach rumors?

How tacky and totally classless! You just come on a public discussion board, admittedly not sure of your facts, and broadcast this trash?

Even if something like this was true, why puke out the details? Would something like this have any direct affect on the students? Only if the school swept it under the rug! So why not let the school handle something like this? They dismiss the teacher or teachers involved, solve the problem and everyone go on with their life. If the school weren't willing to solve it, then go public, but only after it has been confirmed by several sources who were directly in the know.

Without being 100% sure of your facts, what you just did to Rolfes, and his family, and the school, is low and cold!

Hello The Majority

To know that I'm on all the boards means you are on all the boards. The difference is that I don't hide behind a screen name. Although if you are a h.s. or college coach then being anonymous makes sense to me, just an opinion!

Tell you what, I don't need to whacked by a 2X4 so OK, it's time to go away. Have a great day!

Gandolf, if you were a regular to this board, you would know that newberry doesnt have a very good track record. so only non regs would take newberry as 100% accurate.

while you may consider rumors especially negative ones as detrimental, rumors are the lifeline of most messageboards and one has to sift through the discussions to find the gold. granted those kind of accusations if untrue are horrible, but i dont know a single message board that doesnt have the problem. the fact is, this is one of the best boards you will find on the internet for information about billiken happenings and opinion. if you dont want to hear rumors, you best stay out of all message boards.

as to coach rolfes, as i said earlier in this string, personally, i think if the story is untrue, he would be an excellent choice to be the next billiken coach. i would love for him to come to slu and bring felicia chester with him. the fact he has constantly had an excellent team at icw should be a clue he knows the st louis women's basketball scene and could succeed at possibly keeping some local talent here that jill couldnt do.

I appreciate your explanation. I own a youth basketball discussion board so I do understand your point. This is a college board and I enjoy reading and gleening what news I can without commenting on the college because high school is more my area. But this was a high school rumor, so I jumped in. Why would a poster bring the personal into it without being 100% sure? Why not just ask if Rolfes is still at IWA? If he's not, then do we really need to know why? This does damage to his family or the school.

This is a college board so I will just read and not post. Thanks, ed