we're # 6!

slu72

in the ESPN bottom 10 poll. Don't think we can catch #1 Savannah St. whose a perfect 0-15. To make a move down, or is that up?, we've got to see teams like Yale, Tulsa, and BYU really jump out of the toilet, or then again we could play ourselves out of it as well. Or possibly some team out of nowhere gets on a roll and puts together a 10 game non winning streak and shoots 37% or less while doing it. We can take heart in the fact that the 5 teams below us are unlikely to make a move up the down ladder. Although, you might want to keep your eye on Utah State. They're at # 5 with a +.500 record. Not sure I agree with their high, or is it low?, ranking with that kind of mark. Most of the ranked teams have only 1 or 2 scars on their records. Probably another Andy Katz favorite, or maybe the Bias, as in Len, factor has kicked in. But at last we got some long overdue recognition, or is that notoriety?, from the ESPN elite, or is that interns?

My alma mater, Army, has been included in the "Bottom Ten" for the better part of two years in both Football and Basketball. I'm not even sure why Army dropped off after going 0-for this past week? I guess I should be happy...

A-Bomb-you're a hard man to find...nice win by Auburn.

I disagree that we are a bottom 10 team. I can think of about 50 or 60 teams we are better than. Obviously, ESPN has never heard of teams like Ark.-PB, Longwood, NC A&T, Loyola-Md., etc. If we are bottom 10 where are the 2 teams we beat, Troy and Oakland, rated. A bottom 10 team cannot stay with an Iowa team for most of the game. These comments don't imply we are a good team but let's not make it worse than it is.

I think this list is a combo of truly bad teams, eg Savannah State and those that are surprisingly bad, i.e. they shouldn't be. Memphis made the list a while back because of their poor start. It's a little humor mixed in with reality.