Jumping Ship

SLU_Nick

I'm not jumping ship, but I don't think I've been this frustrated and disappointed in the Bills since I started religiously rooting for them in 1999. I'm sure other people have experienced worse times, but this is pretty bad. I can't believe we have performed this bad. What is wrong with us and especially our shooting?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I can't do that to my team. I love SLU, I am SLU. I can't convey how much this really upsets me. Should a grown man be so affected by a sport? I can't help it is part of who I am.

first off it will get better. but even if it didnt, claggett and highmark's freshmen season we won 5 games. their sophomore season we won 12.

I am home already. One thing that jumped out at me during warmups is that UW-Mil appeared a lot more athletic than us. Nearly every one of their players was well above the rim during their layup drill. It showed during the game as they outjumped us on numerous ocasstions for rebounds and had several several flashy dunks. They, of course, shot the ball better than us from the outside.

Once again, we showed an absolute lack of leadership. This is where we really miss Josh and Chris. Whenever we really needed a bucket, no on (except maybe--and I mean maybe--Polk) wanted the ball or showed an inkling to create any offense. Coming off a timeout with about two minutes left, Anthony Drejaj forced up one of the ugliest shots of the year with about five seconds left on the shot clock. Where is Reggie? Where is Anthony?

tonite was my daughter's last home volleyball game she will ever play. when she heads to belleville west next year she will play softball, basketball and is thinking about maybe playing golf. but no more volleyball. thus, i thought i should go to her last game. i gave my tickets to naticat.

her game was over by 745 though so i was able to catch kevin lisch and jeremy felton for belleville althoff tonite. they had great games. so at least the basketball i saw tonite was fun.

Please tell us about the game you saw tonight Roy so we have something to be excited about (i.e. Lisch)!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

i am guessing because obviously i cant keep the stats for a whole game in my head, but i am guessing he shot over 50% from the field, probably made either 5 or 6 threes. and had his normal awesome end to end defense. i bet he had at least 7 assists and beings he was double teamed a lot, was looking for the pass more than i have ever seen him before.

felton was a huge surprise. he is much more composed than last year. i thought he played hard most of the game. got well into double digit rebounds. only missed two shots (but of course he doesnt venture too far from the basket either). had 4 dunks and was called for a t for hanging on the rim too long on one. i dont know. if he hits the weight room, maybe he is a pure power forward. he looks lanky enough he might grow an inch or two yet as well. he is an athlete.

but the show was kevin lisch vs a nice soph point for freeburg, michael adamson. adamson had a very nice game. probably had at least 17 points. in the first quarter adamson actually made three very nice moves to score on kevin. but that only seemed to make life more difficult for himself later as kevin really dug in then. what is amazing is how kevin seems to be even stronger by the time the fourth quarter rolls around than he was at the beginning of the game. the adamson kid was exhausted by the end.

kevin's younger brother, daniel played about half the game. while he didnt look bad, he isnt kevin. he has grown some though is probably a legit 5'11" now. for a freshman he did pretty good.

Tucker, McCants..etc..can play...these guys are like SIU.

The funny thing is...it is REALLY difficult to get a team like UWM, who likes to go up and down, to play it this low scoring.

47 pts.

I think there should be a pool for game point totals for SLU this year, and have some fun with it.

I noted two things that were interesting. As a team that presses the whole game UWM pulled off the press most of the time because with a couple of exceptions we handled it well. Polk can easily break most presses with his incredible quickness and agility. Our only problem was getting it in bounds and the first trap.

As the game progressed, the UWM caoch took the air out of the ball and his team used up 30 or more seconds on most possesions, including when they made some hugely lucky three pointers.