Soccer update

slufanskip

The mens team lost 2-0 to Memphis on Sat night. I did not go to the game so I do not have any real info. The men are having a dissapointing year even with the loss of Vedad.

The women beat Memphis 3-0 Sunday afternoon to clinch the CUSA title at 9-0. They are 13-3-1 overall and have won 9 straight only allowing 1 goal in those 9 games and 2 goals in their last 13 games. They have a big game Wed at #24 Illinois. They are ranked #8 in the central region. There are 6 regions overall. There are 5 CUSA teams ranked in the top 15 in their respective regions. So CUSA is not a top conference but not horrible either with 5 teams ranked in about the top 90. Rankings are updated today. I am hoping they move up a little.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

The game was in Memphis Skip.

By all accounts they were dominated. Memphis isn't chop liver, were ranked 25th before. Their big game on the schedule is SLU like all the other conference teams. SLU hasn't shown the ability to score goals. They also have not shown the ability to cut down defensive lapses or miscues...a handful or more a game, and they get burned. Not a lot of leasership out there this year.

I knew the game was in Memphis ... I don't know what I was thinking. It is truly a dissapointing year. I have not seen any improvement from our super Sophs. Will, Johnny, or Brian G. I agree with you on the problems. I hope we can recruit a big time scorer. I think the Bosnian kid if he is as good as advertised can help. We have no one who can control the midfield and distribute the ball.

I was thinking of him as more of a ball control midfielder. IMO that is what this team needs as much as it needs a scorer. We constantly try to rely on the long ball ... and so often to Will. We need to control the ball and send it through on the ground inspace to utilize our best scorer.